F-Body or DSM...

V8 Beast

Guest ihuntv8

I know my camaro, broke the rear end 4 times, broke the tranny twice, and i was only running mid 11's. I broke three trannys, two axels in the Dsm, that ran high 10's...

I call it a draw!:)

Duh!!! :D I started this thread to make fun of myself. Who else could break 3 transmissions in less than 6 months (2 of which were rated over 700rwhp)? Who else would have an issue with their car so wierd that there was no fix for it on LS1tech until Ray figured it out with a little bit of help from me? I looked on my vin and it proves that I have the only DSM-LS1 :p

i dunno i haven't had 1 problem from my dsm minus stuff thats to be expected in a 16 year old car, brakes, suspension and steering rack. The engine which is still engine 1 for the car at 200K+ miles has ~150 compression across all 4 and it has seen many different setups from myself and previous owners the previous owner to me ran a FPRed at 25psi and this sucker is still running strong :) ahh the beauty of a well maintained car.

4wd?

Whats wrong with the drivetrain?

Transmissions are a little weak.

The 4 bolt rear ends are nearly bulletproof. Now a 3 bolt...

Yea i was kinda thinking the same thing...but thats what happens when you get a Chrysler transmission :) .... The evo 3's that used a similar transmission but made by mitsu didn't have the problems that plague the dsm's over here.

4wd?

Whats wrong with the drivetrain?

Transmissions are a little weak.

The 4 bolt rear ends are nearly bulletproof. Now a 3 bolt...

Seeing as most raced cars see 5-7 times the factory WHP output (most of which on a stock bottom end BTW) I would also say the driveline does quite well (if you know how to drive the car)