Somebody please school me on adjusting an electric choked E4ME

Browning

This has got to be a choke issue.

Car starts and idles great while warm. When cold it fires up quick but is very, very choppy and dies after 5-6 seconds(giving it gas usually worsens it, but seems to be key in the long run). Sometimes it will fire right back up. Other times I have to get out and manually release the choke, crank it over a few times, engage the choke and it will eventually start again. Then it's back to being choppy.

I have no idea where to start when adjusting the choke. Sites I have found leave me confused. If it gets any colder before I fix the problem I'm afraid this thing won't start at all. The carb that is on it now is a used one from a bonneville, and is unmolested.

Sorry if that was a pain to read. It's 4:00a.m, I have a migraine and it's a shitty day already

edit-I should mention when the choke is on and it's "choppy" it smokes

there should be a fast idle cam that increases engine speed when the choke is closed to make the engine warm up faster the fast idle cam may be worn broken or out of adjustment

Interesting. Yea, the engine doesn't speed up any at all with the choke on. Is this something easy to fix/adjust?