Easiest 10 second car...

V8 Beast

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest v8_What?
I know people do not want to hear this but I would say a Toyota Supra(2JZ) the engine(stock internals) and trannie can withstand 700+ to the wheels! considering a nice big turbine and supporting mods easily low tens and also less than 50K total! really all you would need would be a fuel pump,injectors, management, T88 turbine, exhaust, maybe a intake manifold if you are still in budget! The damn things easily pop 9's on stock motors!

I know people do not want to hear this but I would say a Toyota Supra(2JZ) the engine(stock internals) and trannie can withstand 700+ to the wheels! considering a nice big turbine and supporting mods easily low tens and also less than 50K total! really all you would need would be a fuel pump,injectors, management, T88 turbine, exhaust, maybe a intake manifold if you are still in budget! The damn things easily pop 9's on stock motors!

He said easy....

Take it from me, those cars are hard to launch. They like to wheel hop bad!

Auto F-body.

Or Fox body mustang

+101010198290382910310

I saw an F-body on ls1tech run a 10.9 with a just big cam, and nitrous. He paid less then $900 for his mods.

10sec93 also told me how you could build a low 10 sec fox for a few grand. Considering the fox costs less than the F-body the total cost is pretty close.

Just ask scott how easy it was to put his supra in the tens.

Fox Body + Nitrous + Slicks

That high 11's. It takes at least HCI and a full exhaust + a big shot to get 10's. The only stock motor 10 second cars I've run into are turbo cars.

That high 11's. It takes at least HCI and a full exhaust + a big shot to get 10's. The only stock motor 10 second cars I've run into are turbo cars.

I ran many tens (best was in the 10.70's) with my stock engine. And by stock I mean I never even had the valve covers off. That was with a good sized dry shot. That engine was fine when I took it out. I still have it.

Brian the easiest car I know of to get into the tens is the one in your garage. Go to the track at least once a week and you will be there in no time

I do not know how many times I have said this but more people on here should listen to Ray..

+1

Ray has probably forgotten more in the last 20yrs than some of us have picked up... If he were to give me advice, reguardless of what ive learned inthe last 15yrs, you can bet your ass he'd have my undivided attention.

03-04 cobra.

Cost:

Gut it- $0

Lower pulley- $365

Upper pulley- $90

Pulley tool- borrow it

SRA- Free with IRS trade.

Tune with MAF and Tuner- $750

Total cost- $1245

10's all day- Priceless