Ahoy

Guest Drew The Pirate

Guest Drew The Pirate

Drew The Pirate here. MegamanEXE and clbsinvaders know me from back in high school, Mega made me sign up. I've been lurking for a month or so but I'm coming out of the tubes to make an introduction post.

I drive an '85 Camaro with only a few minor mods to its name so far. Most of them are standard maintenance on a 23 year old car anyways- spark plugs, distributer cab, etc etc. I've got a K&N air filter which is about the extent of my performance upgrades.

I love my car but I don't know too terribly much about it- it's apparently a fairly rare incarnation of the '85 Z28, because it's the high output 4-speed automatic version, but it's also carburated. I can find plenty of info on the HO TPI '85 Camaro, but not the carb'd version. I don't even know my true Horsepower (Though it's probably between 190 and 220.)

Anyways, that's it. If anyone has any articles on my car, or owns my car, feel free to let me know, I'm always interested in learning. Pictures here

See you around :)

Thirdgen.org will have all the information on your car. Although being an 85 it may be slightly rare given that is when the IROC came out and more people bought them than the Z28. I think your engine is the L69 which is 190 hp and 230 ft-lbs, but don't quote me it has been a while. If it has 2 intakes (dual snorkel) the it is the L69, if only 1 intake it is the LG4 and trust me you don't want the LG4.

Anywho welcome and enjoy yourself.

Just looked at your pics that is one clean 3rd gen.

Welcome ! I bought a 1986 Iroc new and it had the LG-4 , that is what I would bet you have in yours . I traded it in on a new 87 Iroc with the 350, needed more power.

Glad to see someone take good care of a third gen. nice ride.

Guest Drew The Pirate

http://www.thirdgen.org/1985-chevy-camaro?

Thirdgen.org is where I got most of my information already and that's why I'm confused about what I actually have under my hood. The VIN of my car tells me I've got the high-output engine, but thirdgen.org tells me it wasn't available on my model of the car, so idk.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. My network is borked so my server is down- but I'll link to the pictures in my sig in case anyone wants to see them. It is in really great shape :p