RX-7 help

Bigbird

Why hello thar! So a buddy of mine has an FD with a blown turbo. Doesn't take the car above 4000rpm's right now so he can still drive it...no daily :doh:

He was asking me what kind of turbo he should get if he wants to convert to a big single turbo setup. Now, I don't know much about turbo's outside of what you should or shouldnt use on a Nissan Sentra lol. So here I am asking you CR, what kind of turbo should he get? He is looking for something that would be capable of 600whp in the future(he doesn't intend to push that kind of power right now...its pretty much a stock car). And he is also looking to get one on the cheap, so if you have any suggestions on where to get a good deal...that would be much appreciated as well.

Oh and he's selling a Nissan T25 turbo off of a Nissan Skyline GTS-T if anyone is interested...lol.

word of advice, 600hp and cheap dont go in the sentance

turbos are sized on mass flow and pressure ratios (their efficiency @ x psi when the engine is taking in y mass flow).

to get that kind of number your looking at a very large turbo, which would drive like ass.

Why hello thar! So a buddy of mine has an FD with a blown turbo. Doesn't take the car above 4000rpm's right now so he can still drive it...no daily :doh:

He was asking me what kind of turbo he should get if he wants to convert to a big single turbo setup. Now, I don't know much about turbo's outside of what you should or shouldnt use on a Nissan Sentra lol. So here I am asking you CR, what kind of turbo should he get? He is looking for something that would be capable of 600whp in the future(he doesn't intend to push that kind of power right now...its pretty much a stock car). And he is also looking to get one on the cheap, so if you have any suggestions on where to get a good deal...that would be much appreciated as well.

Oh and he's selling a Nissan T25 turbo off of a Nissan Skyline GTS-T if anyone is interested...lol.

rb25det's do not come with t25's .

You're right...T28. My bad...I posted that at 5am after getting home from work...and posted in the consumer reports section instead of the tech help section lol...my bad again.

Ok let me refraise this, he wanted to know what kind to get, and where he could get a decent deal on it. I think he realizes it wont be "cheap".