Tips

Guest Hondagirl

Guest Hondagirl
Anybody got tips on how I can get better mpg for my 99 accord? I've tried a few things but nothing that made much of a difference. Right now I'm at 28 highway which isn't bad but I need better. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hondagirl

As for taking the bus, I usually walk or ride my bike to classes to save money.

I have a job it's minimum wage and with my course schedule i don't get to work a lot. I work for my schools work study program in my zoology department's research center.

I did use full synth for a while but then the dealership fucked up and put regular oil back in it. Plus it was so expensive for me to get it done (cause I don't know how to do my own) I couldn't afford to get my oil changed regularly.

Tune up sounds good. but I guess you are probably right about the car being 8 years old and all. I've almost got 200,000 miles on it and my engine is burning some oil (which my mechanic said is normal for a car this age?).

Shit I don't know a god damned thing about cars...

Guest Hondagirl
I heard that if you switched to synth then went back to regular you could never go back to synth. is that true? As for the dealership thing, my dad is a slave to ours and refuses to let us (being everyone in my family) take our cars anywhere else. I tried to convince him but that was not gonna happen. I feel like we are getting raped constantly by the dealership...

As for the dealership thing, my dad is a slave to ours and refuses to let us (being everyone in my family) take our cars anywhere else. I tried to convince him but that was not gonna happen. I feel like we are getting raped constantly by the dealership...

Then let him pay your bills there ;)

KillJoy

Guest Hondagirl

yeah, daddy doesn't pay anymore... I got into an accident and he said after he fixed the car that was it. :(

http://www.pullpush.net/images/computer-cat-3.jpg

and this

http://cache.bordom.net/images/1426a9d5b60513c556cf275db8b5c8cc.jpg