Mormons are pwned

thorne

I think the guy could have been a little more tactful, but what he said is on target.

what EVER! They came up to them talking like they were the voice of "god" and old boy put them in thier place. without skipping a beat, he pwnd them into leaving demoralized. Theyd make better Hale Bop recruiters...

I've had a couple altercations with them before when I lived in California. I had two actually lose their tempers with me who came to my house. Apparently, they didn't like the questions I asked or the fact I wouldn't be force fed crap. I did not set out to do this to them, I was bored cleaning the house and they couldn't take no for an answer so I decided to see what it was all about. On another occassion, two stopped myself and a small group of friends near Huntington Beach Pier. I actually felt bad for the confused, lost look on their faces when they left. I didn't belittle them either time and I wasn't rude. But I felt bad because I purposely set out to unsettle their faith and hit them with questions I knew they couldn't answer. I no longer do this when they do come as I normally let the dogs answer the knock or just flat out tell them I have nothing to discuss.

what EVER! They came up to them talking like they were the voice of "god" and old boy put them in thier place. without skipping a beat, he pwnd them into leaving demoralized. Theyd make better Hale Bop recruiters...

my point exactly.... So he just burnt them and the next seed that is planted may return void because of it.

my point exactly.... So he just burnt them and the next seed that is planted may return void because of it.

im not understanding your metaphore here... if youre saying that the next person they doop will be a worthless asset to the religion... wtf do i care, im athiest. I dont hate anyone for believing in religion. I actully applaud that guy for truely KNOWING what he believes in. If you want to go to church and preach your cause, thats one thing, and bringing it door to door, while annoying, is another, but to ride around on bikes and try to spread the word and force it onto people.. thats just down right disgusting, and you deserve to get embarrassed, on tape, or the whole world to point and laugh at you. Mormons are fucking stupid for that reason alone. i could care less about what you believe in, but to force it on people is plain ignorant.

im not understanding your metaphore here... if youre saying that the next person they doop will be a worthless asset to the religion... wtf do i care, im athiest.

I do care.... one soul is just as valuable as another, no matter age, color , nationaliy, ect.

I dont hate anyone for believing in religion. I actully applaud that guy for truely KNOWING what he believes in. If you want to go to church and preach your cause, thats one thing, and bringing it door to door, while annoying, is another, but to ride around on bikes and try to spread the word and force it onto people.. thats just down right disgusting, and you deserve to get embarrassed, on tape, or the whole world to point and laugh at you. Mormons are fucking stupid for that reason alone.

Wow...

I have a question... No matter the religon, how can they grow if the do not recruit? It is commanded in the bible that we do so.

Mathew

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

(KJV)

I find it funny how non-christians think that christians are "forcing something on them. I think that feeling is called conviction. I have felt it my self in the past. In my experience non Christians feel threaten by the message because they have to do a bit of self reflection, and that can be pain full. I have done lots of evangelizing over the past few years. Our church takes the Great commission seriously, as a matter of fact I am going this morning to hand out tracts.

i could care less about what you believe in, but to force it on people is plain ignorant.

The Mormans were not forcing anything on anyone. (I am not Morman! They have very serious biblical flaws. I classify them as unsaved, and the church as the work of Satan) I think the ignorance could be said of you because you are unlearned in the subject.

I do care.... one soul is just as valuable as another, no matter age, color , nationaliy, ect.

Wow...

I have a question... No matter the religon, how can they grow if the do not recruit? It is commanded in the bible that we do so.

I find it funny how non-christians think that christians are "forcing something on them. I think that feeling is called conviction. I have felt it my self in the past. In my experience non Christians feel threaten by the message because they have to do a bit of self reflection, and that can be pain full. I have done lots of evangelizing over the past few years. Our church takes the Great commission seriously, as a matter of fact I am going this morning to hand out tracts.

The Mormans were not forcing anything on anyone. (I am not Morman! They have very serious biblical flaws. I classify them as unsaved, and the church as the work of Satan) I think the ignorance could be said of you because you are unlearned in the subject.

There's a point when it becomes too much. When someone tells you no, it means no. Don't continue to push it on me. When I'm at home in the evening when most people are relaxing or eating dinner, don't come and disturb me. Feel forced? How about the problems you deal with if you want an abortion? If it was up to them, that right would be gone. Or the fact you have to deal with the religious zealots who sit outside a clinic all day. This is just one area; one example.

Much like McDonalds, do relgious sects really need more advertising? I truly feel everyone gets the point, now. You don't need to come disturb me with your beliefs. I get it. You see, the part I remember from my teaching is that after Jesus gave his life, we were allowed to make our own decisions. If He isn't shoving it down our throats, you (I don't mean "you", specifically) damn sure shouldn't be. Again, it's not an issue of 'self reflection', etc. For many of us, it's a matter of not wanting to listen to someone you felt have has been mislead and/or is full of shit. Think of the times someone has been full of it and spun you some bullshit yarn. Bet you wouldn't want that person coming by all the time and preaching his bs to you. All a matter of perspective. Hey, why don't you have a little "faith" in their not being a god. ;)

There's a point when it becomes too much. When someone tells you no, it means no. Don't continue to push it on me. When I'm at home in the evening when most people are relaxing or eating dinner, don't come and disturb me. Feel forced? How about the problems you deal with if you want an abortion? If it was up to them, that right would be gone. Or the fact you have to deal with the religious zealots who sit outside a clinic all day. This is just one area; one example.

Much like McDonalds, do relgious sects really need more advertising? I truly feel everyone gets the point, now. You don't need to come disturb me with your beliefs. I get it. You see, the part I remember from my teaching is that after Jesus gave his life, we were allowed to make our own decisions. If He isn't shoving it down our throats, you (I don't mean "you", specifically) damn sure shouldn't be. Again, it's not an issue of 'self reflection', etc. For many of us, it's a matter of not wanting to listen to someone you felt have has been mislead and/or is full of shit. Think of the times someone has been full of it and spun you some bullshit yarn. Bet you wouldn't want that person coming by all the time and preaching his bs to you. All a matter of perspective. Hey, why don't you have a little "faith" in their not being a god. ;)

I bet your are glad your mom was prolife!

So how many times has someone came to your door and disturbed your dinner?

I bet your are glad your mom was prolife!

So how many times has someone came to your door and disturbed your dinner?

dont take that part literally. The fact is, the information is out there, and if someone wants to find it, they can on thier own behalf. how would you like it if telemarketers started going door to door? We all hate those bastards on the phone enough. if i want new windows, ill find someone to do it for me or do it myself, i dont need you to cold call me and try to sell me shit that im not interested in, especially if i live in an apartment. If i want to go to church, and i want to have a faith in religion, ill go on my own... no need for someone to come up to me on a fuckin huffy and try to tell me that thier way of life is better than mine because they belive in an ancient bed time story... after all, theyre riding a bike, im driving a Volvo... and they have it better? give me a break :rolleyes:

apples to oranges... what is really sad is when the dumb ass trys to tell him that the book of mormon is pure and unmalested by over zealous leaders, unlike the Holy Bible... that is just down right retarded. Thats like someone saying that thier product is better, just because it was made in america rather than japan, even though the japanese product is EXACTLY the same. Theres only two things that ARENT like that, and thats tools, and the Little Giant Ladder... that thing pwns.

dont take that part literally. The fact is, the information is out there, and if someone wants to find it, they can on thier own behalf. how would you like it if telemarketers started going door to door? We all hate those bastards on the phone enough. if i want new windows, ill find someone to do it for me or do it myself, i dont need you to cold call me and try to sell me shit that im not interested in, especially if i live in an apartment. If i want to go to church, and i want to have a faith in religion, ill go on my own... no need for someone to come up to me on a fuckin huffy and try to tell me that thier way of life is better than mine because they belive in an ancient bed time story... after all, theyre riding a bike, im driving a Volvo... and they have it better? give me a break :rolleyes:

You should tell that story to the person who was ready to put a gun to his head, right when we have showed up. Since we are born sinners, most wont naturally seek out God. Knowing comes by hearing and how can people know if they are not told.

apples to oranges... what is really sad is when the dumb ass trys to tell him that the book of mormon is pure and unmalested by over zealous leaders, unlike the Holy Bible... that is just down right retarded. Thats like someone saying that thier product is better, just because it was made in america rather than japan, even though the japanese product is EXACTLY the same. Theres only two things that ARENT like that, and thats tools, and the Little Giant Ladder... that thing pwns.

The sad thing is that most Mormons don't understand the history of their church. Joe Smith was a thief and a murderer, he was nothing more than a David Koresh.

You should tell that story to the person who was ready to put a gun to his head, right when we have showed up.

Should have let the poor bastard off himself.

And this is one of the few times that I actually agree 100% with Nick. Preach on, Brotato.

Again, I am of the opinion that your ideas are your's alone, and you should keep them to your fucking self. I haven't had the 'luxery' of having a door-to-door religious nut disturb me at my home, but rest assured, if it does happen, I will do my best to make them feel as stupid as possible. :D