E Business

88lx5oh

what all is involved in setting up an online business???

like setting up an online store.

what licenses would one need to obtain for a business of this nature??

what all is needed to start a small business?

no store front, no actual residence but soley based online.

also if you run website that you could have sponsors or businesses paying to be published on your site what license would you need.

There are literally thousands of websites on exactly what to do.

You don't need licenses as much as you need to register with the attorney General's office to "license" your business name and establish what kind of liability you are going to incur and therein what kind of taxes you will be liable for.

I like the flexibility of an S-corp personally but an LLC or Sole proprietorship would probably be fine depending on the items.

I can discuss with you the intracacsisee of running a online business. I've setup a few of them. BUT you better have the most bad ass non used idea in the world or you going to just throw away money. The reason is there are 8 billion failing internet companys that all spent descent chunks of money to setup a proper ecommerce site.

If your going to run stand alone there are allot of pieces to consider.

SSL Certs

Credit Card Processing

SECURITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Platform

Ecart type

Security!

Hosting

Myself and my friend are discussing doing a hosted ecommerce solution if your interested. We are talking to a motorcycle shop and possibly IPS on being 2 of our first hosted customers. This would alleivate a few of those pieces like security.

I set up an on-line shop back in 1999 as a Sr college project. The software was dirt cheap, around $200. Add in the web hosting for another 30-40 per month (back then). There was much more time involved than money.

The company was located in Dresden, OH, and sold 'just like' Longaberger Baskets baskets. It was a good product to do on-line, had very little competition, and still made the owner very little money.

There are literally thousands of websites on exactly what to do.

You don't need licenses as much as you need to register with the attorney General's office to "license" your business name and establish what kind of liability you are going to incur and therein what kind of taxes you will be liable for.

I like the flexibility of an S-corp personally but an LLC or Sole proprietorship would probably be fine depending on the items.

I am the sole proprietor of my LLC and it is an S-corp...