1988 Rx7 TurboII blk/gry int 5spd w/ description

Guest 00Smurf

Would this be considered S4 or S5?

S4

86-88 = S4

89-91 = S5

Easiest way to tell is the S5 has round circles in the tail lights, the S4 has the bordered rectangles. Also, the S4 (with the exception of the white 10th anniversary TII) also has flat black body molding, whereas the S5's was painted the same color as the body.

S5

http://i21.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/8d/fd/4648_1.JPG

Thanks for the clarification. I don't know 2nd gens too well. I'm looking for a rear end from a S4 for my FD....trying to decide if getting the whole car is worth it just for the rear end.

I just sold my S4 swapped FD rear diff a few months ago. I do still have the 90 derameter urethane rear diff bushings if you are interested.

Guest 00Smurf
Thanks for the clarification. I don't know 2nd gens too well. I'm looking for a rear end from a S4 for my FD....trying to decide if getting the whole car is worth it just for the rear end.

it is worth it of course. lol cant ever have 2 many rx7 parts.

Mike, How much do you want for them? I'll be at the RX7 store tomorrow afternoon. I asked about Zavier about your diff and they told me you had sold it. Is it a direct bolt in? What do you think a S4 diff is worth?

Yes, the S4 rear end is stronger than the FD's.

I have a 3 rotor swap in my FD and I expect the diff to go at some point.

Curious as to why you'd want an S4 rear end for an FD? strength? I know jack about FD's compared to FB's.

The S4 diff is a clutch type versus the FD's Torsen. Under extreme load (6000 rpm launch) the spider gears in the torsen will explode, as witnessed by most of RC at Marion. I have compared the S4 and KAAS diffs side by side and they are nearly identical.

Mike, How much do you want for them? I'll be at the RX7 store tomorrow afternoon.

I don't remember what the bushings go for, but make me a ridiculous offer and I'll prolly take it. I'm owned by work until Sunday eve/Monday. I can hook up with you anytime after if you want this.

Is it a direct bolt in? What do you think a S4 diff is worth?

Direct bolt it. I found mine in a junk yard near Toledo for $150.

The S4 diff is a clutch type versus the FD's Torsen. Under extreme load (6000 rpm launch) the spider gears in the torsen will explode, as witnessed by most of RC at Marion. I have compared the S4 and KAAS diffs side by side and they are nearly identical.

I don't remember what the bushings go for, but make me a ridiculous offer and I'll prolly take it. I'm owned by work until Sunday eve/Monday. I can hook up with you anytime after if you want this.

Direct bolt it. I found mine in a junk yard near Toledo for $150.

Thats a good deal. I would not let any of mine go for less than $200

But-I do have some low miles units avaiable...

Mike, hold on to those bushings...I'll probably get them from you. I live about 2 hrs SE of Columbus. I was at the RX7 store today to get my 10 psi tune checked...Next time I'm up, I'll try to get up with you.

JP, If I don't buy this car, I may be in touch. Thanks.

Mike, hold on to those bushings...I'll probably get them from you. I live about 2 hrs SE of Columbus. I was at the RX7 store today to get my 10 psi tune checked...Next time I'm up, I'll try to get up with you.

JP, If I don't buy this car, I may be in touch. Thanks.

Got it

bump

If you were closer-I might pick it up.

Guest 00Smurf
you haven't pm'ed me back so does that mean your not going to send me the bmw papers and that you don't want your stuff left in the car?

o never saw i had a pm. lol yes i do want those. ill pay for shipping on papers u pay for shipping on garage door opener and we call it even?

o never saw i had a pm. lol yes i do want those. ill pay for shipping on papers u pay for shipping on garage door opener and we call it even?

I think it would be fair if you paid for both since you forgot about both, in addition to the two remotes I also think I found a kenwood car stereo remote.