Cam selection tool.

V8 Beast

My brother just sent me this...

http://www.compcams.com/Camquest/default.asp

You download the app, enter your car information then it tells you what cam is best for your application. I have to say it is pretty accurate.

After I put in my specs it suggested a 232/234 .595/.508 with a 112lsa for a car that will see more street use than track. If I planned on using my car at the track a few times a month with less street driving it suggested a 238/240 .605/.609 with a 112lsa.

It works for most engines so check it out.

MS4 and call it a day. If your tuner knows what he is doin, drivability wont be lost that much. Street driving these cars is all in the tune.

That cam might be too much for people even with a good tune. That cam is pretty damn big. But what can I say, I think the MS3 would be a nice daily driver with the right gears.

MS4 239/242, .651"/.610

MS3 237/242 .603/.609

Edit... Do you have to flycut with the ms4 with 66cc AFR 205's?

That cam might be too much for people even with a good tune. That cam is pretty damn big. But what can I say, I think the MS3 would be a nice daily driver with the right gears.

MS4 239/242, .651"/.610

MS3 237/242 .603/.609

Edit... Do you have to flycut with the ms4 with 66cc AFR 205's?

They say no fly cutting is needed on unmilled heads on the ms4. I think the t-rex does require it though.

+1 on the ms3 unless your adding heads with it.

thanks for the link brian

If you do the math the MS3 is a perfect fitment for some aftermarket heads(dart,edelbrock) Although the AFR 225's and a MS4 would be lovely if you know of a person who can tune the hell out of it to make it streetable!

My only concern is that I'm running 373's. I know it would be a lot easier to and more drivable on a manual with 410's. John I'll talk to you about it when we tune my car this week. Maybe you can hook me up with somebody that has an a4 thats running a cam around that size.