Starter Handgun For Wife

Drewhop

p.s. I love HK too. Just can't afford them.

Me too Mark 23 = $2,500+ :(

I'd say go with a Glock 22. You'll be extremely happy, not to mention magazines are cheap, and every other part is availible for them. Not to mention all new Glocks have the rail that can adapt to many tac lights/laser systems if you were interested. Just got a Glock 23 a few weeks ago, and I fucking love it to death. So much so, I snuggle with it at night.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few local places to me (out here in Utah) that have G-22 trade ins that are factory rebuilt. I haven't found a G-23 as of yet in this order. Cabela's however carries Highway Patrol issued and rebuilt G-22 or G-23's (pending on what their stock is) but at a slightly higher price tag. (guy says the do price match though)

Factory rebuilds for a G-22 are $399 with 2 clips. Everything else is $499 out here.

my glock is a factory trade in/reman. it says "Missouri State Park Rangers" on the right side of the slide. G-22 .40 cal.

my glock is a factory trade in/reman. it says "Missouri State Park Rangers" on the right side of the slide. G-22 .40 cal.

Interesting, thats the exact same state the one I was looking at was from. Only it was State Highway Patrol.

Scott, for now, being my first handgun (definately not new to guns though) I'm going to stick with a used one. Maybe my 'second' hand gun will be new.

p.s. I love HK too. Just can't afford them.

ironic, coming from someone whos 22 and drives a z06 vette! not hating, just find it comical. i've seen tacticals go for 1300, but i only paid 900 for mine. you just have to know where to look. besides, you can get a uspf 45 for 680, that's not much than a full size glock 45. there's no substitute for quality, that's why i chose hk!

hk's customer support for non le folk has gotten ridiculously better. from my experience browsing other websites(hkpro.com) and various others, there's basically little to no turn around time. there reputation in the past has been that they don't like selling or having a customer support base for civilians, but that's not the case anymore.

ironic, coming from someone whos 22 and drives a z06 vette! not hating, just find it comical. i've seen tacticals go for 1300, but i only paid 900 for mine. you just have to know where to look. besides, you can get a uspf 45 for 680, that's not much than a full size glock 45. there's no substitute for quality, that's why i chose hk!

hk's customer support for non le folk has gotten ridiculously better. from my experience browsing other websites(hkpro.com) and various others, there's basically little to no turn around time. there reputation in the past has been that they don't like selling or having a customer support base for civilians, but that's not the case anymore.

but if he buys a $200 gun and out shoots you are you gonna be pissed that you spent all that money on a gun and still get out shot?:p

but if he buys a $200 gun and out shoots you are you gonna be pissed that you spent all that money on a gun and still get out shot?:p

that would suck but Trent is a damn good shot. To bad not as good as me with my ccw xd. :)

my brother used an usp 45 tactical in Iraq and said it works like a dream. He wouldnt buy any other type of handgun and he has shot almost all.

i have to work tonight till 7am...but if you fuckers pick a decent time, i'lll go. i have 200 rounds of 45, and roughly 200 rounds of 223 i need to plink through. i havent been shooting in a month and i'm going through withdraws.

if you fuckers pick a later time sunday ill be able to go too.. and outshoot everyone lol

I challenge you with a Raven 25. :)

ttemper

ttemperi have to work tonight till 7am...but if you fuckers pick a decent time, i'lll go. i have 200 rounds of 45, and roughly 200 rounds of 223 i need to plink through. i havent been shooting in a month and i'm going through withdraws.

trent ill text you later so maybe we can set something up for tomorrow. Hell with waiting on those city boys. :)