iTunes Alternative

JaSSon

My current MP3 player is on the fritz, so I'm looking for a replacement. I'm considering the new iPod nano. I want something small and flash based with good battery life. Also my CD player in my car will directly control an iPod.

I want to be able to install music from multiple computers, not just 1 like iTunes allows.

What do you guys use?

...are we talking about legal music?

Because if you have illegal music, itunes couldnt care less how many computers you have your files on.

otherwise, i know there are some sites are that you can buy DRM free music, but I cant think of what they are off of the top of my head

I was hoping someone would have info about programs like: Media Monkey, Floola, Yamipod, etc.

I have no intention of purchasing from iTunes. My music is mostly my CDs that I've ripped and some that I've downloaded or gotten from friends.

I was hoping someone would have info about programs like: Media Monkey, Floola, Yamipod, etc.

I have no intention of purchasing from iTunes. My music is mostly my CDs that I've ripped and some that I've downloaded or gotten from friends.

Then iTunes will work just fine. You dont need anything else.

I have a Creative mp3 player that has worked great for me for over 2 years. It is nothing more than a little 1 GB Zen. It has never had a single problem with any thing I have put on it and to transfer songs, you can just use windows to drag and drop files. Also the other thing I really like about it is that it uses 1 regular AAA battery. So if the battery dies while I am working out, all I got to do is put in a new battery and we are back in action. I use mine for working out and it normally last me about 2 months before I have to replace that battery.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha! I just made Bestbuy take back my 5 month old Insignia mp3 player. I picked up an 8GB 3g nano.

Josh, did you ever find a program you liked?

And Brad, i had previously bought a Zen 5+. It was terrible. I hated it.