I have a challenge for all of CR...

RedRocket1647545505

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h181/ImpSS/Home%20audio/1164054524775ej0.gif

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h181/ImpSS/Home%20audio/as024uker6.gif

http://www.freemyspacegraphics.com/Graphics/Myspace_Hot_Animations/images/bananasuck.gif

Get what?

Molon Labe

Pronounced 'Mo lone Lah veh'

Literal translation = 'Come [and] take [them]'

Modern equivalent = 'Over my dead body' or 'Come and Get them'

Significance = quote from King Leonidas during the battle of Thermopylae to King Xerxes when asked to lay down his arms in order to spare he and his men's lives.

Is used in the movie 300.

Gun crew uses it a lot.

if you have TW here you go.

http://www.newzleech.com/usenet/?p=2671056

if your not set up to download from a news server go here

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39959

your welcome what do I win?

NewsGroups scare me. I'm downloading the torrent right now as a last resort, but it's not gonna be done for probably another day.

Still in for stream.

NewsGroups scare me. I'm downloading the torrent right now as a last resort, but it's not gonna be done for probably another day.

Still in for stream.

I won't be home for another hr and if I wanted to watch I would be able to do so tonight. That file will take maybe 20 mins to D/L on TW, newsgroups rock compared to torrents and are wayyyyy safer.

I won't be home for another hr and if I wanted to watch I would be able to do so tonight. That file will take maybe 20 mins to D/L on TW, newsgroups rock compared to torrents and are wayyyyy safer.

Yea, I know they're better. I just hate having to learn something new. lol.

I really need to get with the program and figure out how to work them.

Molon Labe

Pronounced 'Mo lone Lah veh'

Literal translation = 'Come [and] take [them]'

Modern equivalent = 'Over my dead body' or 'Come and Get them'

Significance = quote from King Leonidas during the battle of Thermopylae to King Xerxes when asked to lay down his arms in order to spare he and his men's lives.

Is used in the movie 300.

Gun crew uses it a lot.

I know exactly what it means, that's why I asked. Get what? You can't just put "come and get them" in your sig and not tell us what we're trying to take from you.

The gun crews love of it is pretty stupid. (I'll send this one to the kitchen!)

Btw, good luck accurately spelling out the correct pronunciation with English phonetics, it's just no the right OS. ;)

I know exactly what it means, that's why I asked. Get what? You can't just put "come and get them" in your sig and not tell us what we're trying to take from you.

The gun crews love of it is pretty stupid. (I'll send this one to the kitchen!)

Btw, good luck accurately spelling out the correct pronunciation with English phonetics, it's just no the right OS. ;)

Ah, I thought you were trying to translate. As in, you knew a bit of Greek and couldn't quite figure it out.

As far as putting it in my sig:

-The way I understand it, the quote is referring to one man telling another to try and take his weapons away. The same could be said for gun crew. However, gun crew doesn't have a famous quote, so we steal his. 'What' is trying to be taken, would be weapons, like the quote was referring.

As for the pronunciation, I'm just going off of Wiki.

I liked it, so I used it. :D

BTW, how is gun crew's love of it stupid? IMO, it is basically used in the same context, just different time periods.

BTW, how is gun crew's love of it stupid? IMO, it is basically used in the same context, just different time periods.

I respectfully submit that your humble opinion is absolutely wrong. :)

First: Who has tried to take your guns, honestly? No one with any power at all. Some are trying to make it harder for you to buy certain kinds, but no one is taking anything. A mountain has been made of the gun-control mole hill. Not even the evil Hillary would have the audacity to try anything of the sort, it would be political suicide.

Second and most importantly, regarding context: When some one comes to you and tells you to give up your weapons, or you'll be killed, THEN and only then can you evoq the great warrior king. Until then, the Gun crew is just looking for something bad assed to say. It's disrespectful that a pack of people that are just crying about not being able to buy assault rifles would

dare liken themselves to such an epic and selfless act as the Spartans and Thespians sacrifice at Thermopylae.

If you want to quote some one in the same context, use any quote from Ralphie in 'A Christmas Story', like why he would need a BB gun:

"Flick says he saw some grizzly bears near Pulaski's candy store!"

or

Was there no end to this conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his Peacemaker!?

I respectfully submit that your humble opinion is absolutely wrong. :)

First: Who has tried to take your guns, honestly? No one with any power at all. Some are trying to make it harder for you to buy certain kinds, but no one is taking anything. A mountain has been made of the gun-control mole hill. Not even the evil Hillary would have the audacity to try anything of the sort, it would be political suicide.

There are people in Brittan and Austrailia that said the smae thing not to long ago.

Even residents in Washington DC probably thought it wouldnt happen.