Question on Windows XP ???

CJINOHIO03

I have one version running on one computer and tried to install it on another one. It keeps saying invalid key.. Are you only able to run it one computer now or is it linked to the other etc? i tried some cracks too with no luck. Anybody have any extra copies for a Compaq? Thanks CJ

no you cant install it on two seperate computers. the hardware is different and it wont let you reuse the key. Also I work for a computer company and ive seen a bios update causing windows to ask you to revalidate you copy. Since vista cam out it is pretty strict.

I have one version running on one computer and tried to install it on another one. It keeps saying invalid key.. Are you only able to run it one computer now or is it linked to the other etc? i tried some cracks too with no luck. Anybody have any extra copies for a Compaq? Thanks CJ

Before you hit F8 when you are installing, you may want to just read the license agreement you are accepting. :o

This may be the most Newb computer question I have seen on here besides "which key is THE ANY key". :lol: