Local source(s) for Super charger fluid?

Science Abuse

I wouldn't use that if I were you. I would use the specified fluid, it's much better than most people think.

GM and Ford both stock the correct fluid at any dealership. For GM, just tell them it's a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix with the supercharged engine. It's about $8 a bottle and you'll need two for a full fill.

Please elaborate? :)

I'm hearing conflicting data from equally reliable M90 sources, what issues are there with the Turbine oil? Provided it doesn't damage my seals (shouldn't), it seems like the best way to go. It's even cheaper by volume.

Also, I've heard nothing but bad about the GM fluid (varnishing, turning to crap fast, not doing its job, "it stinks" etc etc), followed by "But it is cheap".

Respectfully; I wanna know what you know. :)

Without getting terribly deep into it, the specified fluid is a food-grade (made from animal fat, hence the smell) extremely heat and friction tolerant fluid. My source is a gentleman who had a hand in the development of the modern half-helix supercharger for OEM applications. He said they tested a few hundred different fluids and the fluid that GM (and later, Ford) uses was hands-down the best for the application – even over several very expensive mil-spec synthetic fluids (so much so that the military switched to this fluid for a few applications after the tests).

What you've heard about it varnishing, pre-maturely failing, etc. are all false. As long as the fluid is changed regularly (every 25k or so, longer for light duty and shorter for heavy duty) it will be fine. It's the best fluid for the application.

Umm...was it Charles?

I've been getting info from guys driving 150k+ mile cars. The complaint, I would guess, may be over the appearence of the fluid. They say it goes black and thick quickly, whereas the Ford does not, and the BP stays crystal clear in high output, long duration operations. The 25-30k recomended change was also mentioned; "The other stuf doesn't have a recomended, range. The Ford crap I drained form my 18y.o. 90k mile OE unit looked like new."

Given the implications and consequenses of failure, and the fact that the 2380 was developed after the M90 (may not have been tested during development), I'd venture a guess that it has a strong chance of out performing both the GM and Ford blends.

I'm willing to bet my $12 on it, we'll see how it works out. :)

I really do appriciate the input, though.

BTW, those watching: Columbus Oil Company near Lane and Kenny is registered as a distributor.

The last buisness I did with them was 7 years ago, and they seems like stand-up, do it right gents.

But, they seem to be mass producing blowers now, so who knows? :)

I cant get ahold of them but they did a mild port on mine because i was low on money at them time. I need to send it back for more porting and a nose rebuild :doh: