Pimp C found dead in hotel.

87GT

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't ever say a turn table is not an instrument. You have no clue.

A musical instrument is a device constructed or modified for the purpose of making music. In principle anything that produces sound can serve as a musical instrument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_instrument

+1

No drive by's ever happened with this guy's music blasting down the street.

:popcorn:

No, but many gahey guys were poked in the butt while playing that, and a lot of sleep occured lol!

BTW, over 75% of rap is dance music. Lives are getting better so there is a lot less negitive music out there. The guys that used to talk about killing people are now rapping about their mansions. The ones that talked about drugs now talk about their 401k plan.

If someone can come up with something as hairbrained as a Theremin and call it an instrument, then a DJ scratching tables has got to be considered an instrument.

In defense of rap/hip-hop, there are a lot of emcee's and artists out there who are incredibly far from the mainstream like Talib Kweli, Common, Lupe Fiasco, Cyne, Atmosphere (I know several people on this board are Atmosphere fans) that don't rap about negative messages. They seem negative because they rap about what they know, and that is generally a shitty lifestyle but they don't glorify it. They turn it into poetry and set it to music instead of bastardizing it like the "crunk" genre has done just to make money.

I stand by what i said about dude's music, its shit. if he did what you all said as far as hookin people up with jobs and shit, then he has my respect, and ill back up on that.

As far as turntables, synth's, and shit not being considered a talent, i have to disagree. i do like a good bit of hip hop, but its more of the underground, indie style shit. It taks a fuck of a lot of talent to do the shit, but as far as modern rap/hardcore/gangsta ass bullshit, its wasted by the message they try and portray. if you cant agree with that then cool what ever, we are all moved by different shit.

And hell yea on Atmosphere, he's what got me into hip hop 4 or 5 years ago with his lucy shit.

I stand by what i said about dude's music, its shit. if he did what you all said as far as hookin people up with jobs and shit, then he has my respect, and ill back up on that.

As far as turntables, synth's, and shit not being considered a talent, i have to disagree. i do like a good bit of hip hop, but its more of the underground, indie style shit. It taks a fuck of a lot of talent to do the shit, but as far as modern rap/hardcore/gangsta ass bullshit, its wasted by the message they try and portray. if you cant agree with that then cool what ever, we are all moved by different shit.

And hell yea on Atmosphere, he's what got me into hip hop 4 or 5 years ago with his lucy shit.

Agreed. You'll have to search further than the radio and MTV to find any hip hop that is actually decent, though that can also be said about most genres of music.

It takes alot to fully understand most peoples rap. If you have not lived it then you will not understand where they are coming from. You guys think they are soo bad about rapping about guns and drugs. Like my bro said, that is what they know. They have been around it there whole life. That is all they know. Cannot knock them for doing that but they also need to put the message out that the life is not recommended. Talib Kweli, Common is da shit. True poets. Lupe is under-rated. I sat and listened to him, he can spit with the best of them. Atmosphere? Who da hell is dat? You guys listen to Gucci Mane, Hell Rell, Young Jeezy and come hang out with me for a day. I will show you where I hung out and who I was with all the time. Then you will understand why they rap like that!

It takes alot to fully understand most peoples rap. If you have not lived it then you will not understand where they are coming from. You guys think they are soo bad about rapping about guns and drugs. Like my bro said, that is what they know. They have been around it there whole life. That is all they know. Cannot knock them for doing that but they also need to put the message out that the life is not recommended. Talib Kweli, Common is da shit. True poets. Lupe is under-rated. I sat and listened to him, he can spit with the best of them. Atmosphere? Who da hell is dat? You guys listen to Gucci Mane, Hell Rell, Young Jeezy and come hang out with me for a day. I will show you where I hung out and who I was with all the time. Then you will understand why they rap like that!

I think the vast majority of the "c-rap" we're referring to is the public-friendly, radio-rappers. I don't believe at all that people like 50 Cent and Paul Wall or even [lol]Vanilla Ice[/lol] are "artists" because they're spewing non-understandable lyrics with pointless meanings all in the name of money. Look at DMX, for example. The moron just got caught for possible dog fighting and drug paraphernalia. I don't care if "that's all he knows", how can I respect that? Granted, rock and metal are subject to this as well with shit out there like Hoobastinks and Nickleback. There is some rap i can tolerate and that is as said earlier, the underground stuff. Local music and non-mainstream is by far the best music out there, of any genre.

It is my opinion, though, that there are far more metal and rock groups that have superior lyrical capabilities.

get what you gonna get, n**** and ride

or get 25 for a motherfuckin homicide

killing n****s makes my dick hard

2 got brave and went for a sawed off

so I shot em all, took ther motherfucking heads off

I'm not the Robin Hood, cause I want more

steal from the rich, sell dope to the poor

R.I.P. C Murder

get what you gonna get, n***a and ride

or get 25 for a motherfuckin homicide

killing n***as makes my dick hard

2 got brave and went for a sawed off

so I shot em all, took ther motherfucking heads off

I'm not the Robin Hood, cause I want more

steal from the rich, sell dope to the poor

R.I.P. C Murder

...and that sums up EXACTLY what I was speaking of. Thanks.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Just know that we share a lot of the same issues you have with the music. Its too commercialized and they focus on the one hit wonders. Rap is going to the shitter and only a few artists are worth listening to anymore. I'm sick and tired of turning on xm and having to listen to R&B because there are no good songs on the hip hop stations.