More HD BS

Dweezel

Most everyone talks crap about something Ford vs Chevy, OSU vs Michigan, Black vs White. I grew up with Harley parents and the crowd and I love those a##holes. They are fun, loud, abnoxious but most of all loyal unlike the sportbikers which are pretty much everyone for himself. Don't get me wrong I am not knocking anyone thats just the way it is. Some day when I get old, if I make it, I will end up on a harley as dare I say, so will most you.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, If HD actually makes a GOOD quality bike, for a respectable price, instead of an archaic rattle trap for 500% more than it's worth, I'll look, so therefore, I can safely say, NEVER. I actually looked (albeit briefly) at the new Rotax powered Buells. An M109 is what the Sportster SHOULD be, not some meager 40hp piss ant lead weight. And if I ever get REALLY old, I'll get a Goldwing.

This is an M109

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2007models/2007models-Suzuki-BoulevardM109R.htm

Ya 60 is not old my dad was in his late 60s on a Harley 1300 flhs following me on a gsxr750. I'd pass a string of cars theres my dad right behind me. I'd hit some corners hard and be thinkin there is no way he could keep up and here he would come sparks a blazin. We rode for years till he died I don't I really ever got over it.

• 1 month later...
THAT DAMN M109 is so a copy of of the v rod.

I love how 'The Brotherhood' just assumes that when someone comes out with cruiser (one HELL of a cruiser that HD could never dream of building BTW) it's automatically a copy of something that 'The Motorcompany' builds. There's only so many ways you can shape a cruiser, form follows function. Get the fuck over yourself already. HD is a horrible machine, the Japs are not tryi g to copy them, I assure you.

I love how 'The Brotherhood' just assumes that when someone comes out with cruiser (one HELL of a cruiser that HD could never dream of building BTW) it's automatically a copy of something that 'The Motorcompany' builds. There's only so many ways you can shape a cruiser, form follows function. Get the fuck over yourself already. HD is a horrible machine, the Japs are not tryi g to copy them, I assure you.

So umm you don't like HD?

With old age comes stubborness. Most HD riders that can't get along with sport bike riders are older. Our generation is different from the last. So you ride a HD, or a sport bike, or a metric cruiser....you ride don't you? That's good enough, lets go.

Change and acceptance is harder for the older generation. Although some are starting to come around.

I don't hate Harley riders or the bikes but I personally would never buy one. I have seen a lot of really nice custom ones and personally I think the custom HD's look better then 90% of the custom sport bikes. What I can't stand is the dumbass Harley riders that think HD is the one and only bike company and all others companies are shit. I'll ride with anyone regardless of what they ride.

My first year back on the horse I only ride with cruiser guys. They didn't care. And I didn't think anything of it either. But I admit I'll take a cheap shot at HD as a company. But a rider is a rider to me. As long as they're not shitty, everythings good.