Can anyone check/fix heater in my 98 Olds Intrigue

Guest Beckett

Guest Beckett

Of course two weeks before Christmas my heater stops working in my car. Not sure what the problem is, it will only blow cold air. Is there anyone that can take a look/hopefully fix it on short notice? I get off work at 5 tonight.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Guest 614Streets
Tommrrow friday you can call the number I will pm you , drop the car off while your at work , most likely the system needs drained, pressurized and switched from dexclog to green antifreeze.

dex-cool isn't the problem. people are always quick to blame the stuff. sure it clogs up but so does green coolant. every car that i own is on dex-cool and no problems, i just flushed the vettes coolant yesterday and everyone asked why i bothered since it looked like new and that car is 6 years old. if you flush them when your suposed to you have no problems. a 98 should have been flushed once already if not twice.

Guest 614Streets
dex-cool isn't the problem. people are always quick to blame the stuff. sure it clogs up but so does green coolant. every car that i own is on dex-cool and no problems, i just flushed the vettes coolant yesterday and everyone asked why i bothered since it looked like new and that car is 6 years old. if you flush them when your suposed to you have no problems. a 98 should have been flushed once already if not twice.

I did a 98 Pontiac Grand Prix last week that had clogged the heater core with DEXCLOG. I personaly will blame it for a world of problems including gasket and sensor failures. GM took a big slide with this extended life coolant and everybody knows its not as good as the green in the real world. Maybe in the lab.

Everyone who works on cars should also not be so quick to blame a certain coolant for so many problems. Proper maintenance will almost always keep those clogs from happening. I've seen just as many problems with dexcool as with green.

Everyone who works on cars should also not be so quick to blame a certain coolant for so many problems. Proper maintenance will almost always keep those clogs from happening. I've seen just as many problems with dexcool as with green.

+1.

if people have a problem with an extended life antifreeze that is suposed to last 5 years or 150k then treat it like green antifreeze and change it out every 2 years or 30,000 miles. Dex-cool sludges up when the system has alot of air in it so it either has a leak, a bad cap or the head gaskets are leaking into the coolant even the slightest bit.

you can bring it by ntb this saturday if you want..... 232-8881

if I had to guess I'd say stuck open thermostat and or blocked heater core does the car over heat or just not blow warm air?

if your handy unhook your heater hoses at home and using low pressure water from a garden hose run some water through the heater and see what comes out of it

hth

ive had a lot more problam out of the dexcool than the green .even had my dad flush his blazer with a buddy of mine that had on of those machines that flush and clean and in less than 6 months it was plugged again so i flush them out and fill back with the green.