coolant flush

Hoblick

as for how to flush, here is how i would do it

1. Drain out all the old coolant.

2. Replace the bolt

3. Fill the system with Distilled water

4. Run the bike for a few minutes

5. Drain the distilled water

6. Repeat steps 3-5 until the distilled water comes out nice and clear.

7. Fill the system with water/coolant.

8. RIDE!!!!!

as for how to flush, here is how i would do it

1. Drain out all the old coolant.

2. Replace the bolt

3. Fill the system with Distilled water

4. Run the bike for a few minutes

5. Drain the distilled water

6. Repeat steps 3-5 until the distilled water comes out nice and clear.

7. Fill the system with water/coolant.

8. RIDE!!!!!

cool deal

i have seen on the r6 forum guys will actually run a hose through the radiator while running, and have the drain plug out y the water pump, and let it pump out.

ill probably just run water through till clear like mentioned.

what about some prestone radiator flush stuff??

oh no, don't ever use that Prestone radiator flush. You'll never get the suds out. It will foam for hours and hours. That's my experience on a car, and I'll never do it again.

I remove drain plug, disconnect both hoses, and use the garden hose to flush pressure through both radiator and block both ways. The water pump and thermostat are both obstacles, but it's better than nothing. I don't feel like removing them. Both have bypass that lets some water get past. The type of corrosion meant to be removed by reverse flushing just doesn't exist on a nice clean motorcycle engine anyway. Don't forget to drain, flush and refill the overflow reservoir also.

Put plug and hoses back, fill with distilled water/coolant mix. I use Honda brand anti-freeze meant for aluminum engine.

Make sure you remove all drain bolts each time you drain/refill. Not sure about your bike, but my F4i has a drain on the water pump and a drain in the middle of the head. Drain thru all holes, put drain bolts back in, fill with water, run for a few minutes, then drain all over again untill water is clean like already mentioned. When filling bike back up with coolant, it helped me to rock the bike from side to side and give quick blips to the throttle to help work out all the air bubbles.