Anyone had a Galant? Looking for common problems, etc

Bam

Need a cheap daily and was noticing the 99-01ish Mitsubishi Galants are a decent looking ride for cheap. For about $2500-$3000 you can get one with under 100k miles, not bad.

Anyways, was wondering if anyone had experience with them or if people knew what they were common for etc, before i pick one up.

pros/cons? thanks for any help

Not sure about the older ones, but 01-04(I think) they are the same car as the 3rd generation Eclipse, Dodge Stratus Coupe, and Chrysler Sebring Coupe (not including the convertable Sebring). They came with either the 2.4L, which is the N/A version of the turbo eclipse motor used in the 1st and 2nd gen eclipse, or the 3.0L V6, which has been used for years in verious Mits and Dodge cars.

My friend has an 03 Galant with the 2.4L and has has no problems with it at all. Watch that the timing belt has been changed. In the 01-03's it is to be changed at 65K. I have an 04 Dodge Stratus Coupe with the 2.4L as well. The only common problem seems to be bad coil packs. There are not any aftermarket ones, so the only place to get them are from the dealerships and they can take a week or more to get them in stock.