Chipping a f250 turbo diesel

BIGGU

Trying to get a little bit of info here i have a 02 Ford f250 long bed with 3rd door its a 7.3 powerstroke turbo diesel that ive been towing with . but heres what ive been looking at doing. i have a nice 2 car trailer that ive been towing my miata and either my brothers corolla, or another freinds car. this year im going to be towing the SC300 and some other car most of the time and just want to make sure i have the power there when its needed and ive heard that chips will increase gas millage while daily driving. ive looked at the edge evolution, and the bully dog power pup. are these good ones or is there another one i should be looking at?

I would definatly go with the edge. I have been around a lot of chips and edge is by far the pic for me and for most of the people I know with boxes. An adjustable box like that will completely change your truck and will really wake that 7.3 up. I would also recomend and intake and decent exhaust to wake it up and help the miliage.

We've had great success with the Bullydog products too. Nice thing about the Bullydog set up, is that it is updatable and has a USB connection for upgrades aswell. I'd have to say the cummins motors pick up a little bit more than the Duramax/Powerstroke trucks. It's not uncommon that most of the 3/4 ton trucks we do, see well over 23 MPG on the freeway. Not to mention have 700+ FTLBS on tap. Edge has been nice, but the Bullydog is an easier set up, and if you have a problem we can link directly to Bullydog. Another thing you may want to think about doing is deffinately an intake, and eventually a nice turbo back exhaust. Not only will your EGT's go down, but you can crank up the settings when you're towing. On the Bullydog's you don't want to step up over the performance setting when towing with a stock exhaust/Intake because your Pyrometer/EGT will go through the roof.

The fuel mileage only comes if you can keep your foot out of it.

True, but normal freeway driving should net over 20+ MPG if you were to be around the 70mph range. I've got plenty of customers acheiving that and more, not to mention having enough torque to pull down buildings. I like Bullydog mostly for the fact you can update it through the USB port and get on their website. Not to mention if you did have a problem with your tuner, we can link up with Bullydog and have them fix it without sending it away.