Steelers vs. Rams

Buck531

The NFL wouldn't even let the cable companies put a package together for customers to buy who would want to see the games. The NFL said F-that, we want a fee from every one of your customers no matter if they watch or not. Now the NFL is pushing everyone by running Newspaper ads to switch to Direct TV. I think they have been sent a cease and desist letter from TW on that practice.

Well we at Wow have 4 Big Ten Network stations, 219-HD, 87-SD, 244-BTN2, and 245-BTN3.

Insight has all the BTN channels and has shown every game on NFL network since they started

NFL network wants to be included in the basic cable package, just like ESPN, MTV, FX, TNT, TBS ect. However the cable companies think it is a niche channel and don't feel it is fair for the people that don't like football to have to pay for it even though they won't watch it. I am sorry but I could give a fuck less about BET yet you force everyone to have that crappy channel and pay for it so that others that are interested can have it, so how is NFL Network any different? I am sure you all have some spanish speaking channels on your basic cable package as well that you have no interest in? It all comes down to greed on both sides.

I have DirecTV and love it and I doubt I would ever go back to cable unless I moved somewhere that did not have DTV and would be forced into it.

Most cable companies black out the game even if you have NFL Network because the NFL wants extra money for the Game and they will not pay it. Insight has broadcast the games the past few weeks though.

Is that why on sunday at 1, when theres like 5 games not aired, they show that stupid ass red zone which is just radio with a scoreboard?

NFL network wants to be included in the basic cable package, just like ESPN, MTV, FX, TNT, TBS ect. However the cable companies think it is a niche channel and don't feel it is fair for the people that don't like football to have to pay for it even though they won't watch it. I am sorry but I could give a fuck less about BET yet you force everyone to have that crappy channel and pay for it so that others that are interested can have it, so how is NFL Network any different? I am sure you all have some spanish speaking channels on your basic cable package as well that you have no interest in? It all comes down to greed on both sides.

I have DirecTV and love it and I doubt I would ever go back to cable unless I moved somewhere that did not have DTV and would be forced into it.

Right...I have no problem paying for NFL or Big Ten if it is reasonable, but they wanted like 1.10 or so a person compared with a few CENTS for other channels.

Also, directv is 49% owned by the company that owns BTN. I believe it is Newscorp but could be wrong...so no wonder they have the BTN. They have the same owners and they are greedy assholes. Directv=BTN=FUCKERS

Wrong, I had Insight the 1 st year of the Thursday NFL games on NFL Network, and they blacked them out that year.

Wrong, I have seen every Thurs night game on the NFL since Insight picked it up

Wrong, I have seen every Thurs night game on the NFL since Insight picked it up

No you haven't, I called that year (2005) to ask what was up and they told me they will not air them that year because the NFL wanted a bunch of money. I had NFL network through Insight, this is the third season for it I believe. I switched in early 2006 I think. I remember because I was excited to see the games and we all found out when the screen went black for the game. My father in law had TW and he called me to ask if I could see the game. I had to call 236-1200.

No you haven't, I called that year (2005) to ask what was up and they told me they will not air them that year because the NFL wanted a bunch of money. I had NFL network through Insight, this is the third season for it I believe. I switched in early 2006 I think. I remember because I was excited to see the games and we all found out when the screen went black for the game. My father in law had TW and he called me to ask if I could see the game. I had to call 236-1200.

Uhh, whatever, I remember watching them. Then I remember being pissed that the Steelers opener was on the NFL network last year because I hated watching games on there