Opinion on air compressors

tristanlee85

My wallet and space for storing this is limited so I'm not looking for an all-out machine that will remove lug nuts and beat me off. I'm just looking for something I'll use from time to time.

I'm looking to spend around $100 and since I got some gift cards for Christmas, I've been looking at this.

I know it's nothing big as I heard many people don't buy anything below 7 gallons, but will I be disappointed if I get this to use on lug nuts and other random crap? Hell I don't even know what I'd use it for other than that. I've survived thing long without one, but I figure it may come handy sometime.

Opinions please.

I got a nice 3 gallon one from Depot for 50 buckets. Came with nail gun and some other crap. Should be good enough to do what you want. Check there. I saw one the other day for just over a 100. Think it's like 3 1/2 or 4 gallon.

I have a 25 or 30 gallon (can't remember right now) Craftsman, and when I'm using the DA or a grinder it runs quite a bit, sometimes almost constantly. Even when I'm using the impact or an air ratchet a lot it runs frequently. You'd be way better off saving up, or like someone else said, find a used one.

I'll probably just return the crap and go with electric tools. I don't have any room for anything that's bigger.

Electric tools are alot more expensive than air powered tools. I think my Snap-On 1/2" Cordless Impact was $450ish and my composite IR 1/2" was like $280. But hell I use my IR 3/8" ($320ish) impact to take off cam bolts on Saturns everyday.

I have a 30G Husky that I use in the driveway, it works well enough and I got it for free during a spiff at work.

AJ I had that gun a few years back and had so many problems with it, returned it twice before I bought my IR.

AJ I had that gun a few years back and had so many problems with it, returned it twice before I bought my IR.

what one are you talking about?

360Iroc i'll think about it, i was going to sell it but was also thinking about keeping it to change wheels at the track.