Some good reading for racers....

Dr. Apex

I though I'd share this for the people who want to give autocross or time trials a serious chance. I received a couple books I asked for christmas and they have some great info in them. You may want to pick these up for next season if your going to be autocrossing or hitting the road courses.

1: "Secrets of Solo Racing" by Henry Watts. I'm only baout half way through but this book covers the most basic of things like registering for an event and what to expect your first time, how to work the course, basic hand positioning on the steering wheel, to slip angles, shifting, and how to take the turnes and analyze the course. There are several chapters on Time Trials telling you how to find the line and basic preparation of the car. It's written so even a person who has never raced before can understand a lot of it and with a little experience can understand all of it.

2: "Bob Bondurant on High Performance driving". This book though I have only skimmed so far covers a lot of the same like getting comfortable in your car to how to handle spin out situations and other race techniques.

Both of these I found at either Barnes and Nobles and at Half priced books even. If your wanting to learn the technical terms or understand just how to pick a line these books are great.

Is it March yet?? :burn:

I have the first book you listed, bought it about 8 years ago.

It's a great book isn't it?? Really involved and explains things so they're easily understood. The Bondurant book covers a lot of the same things and talks even more indepth in things like being comfortable in your car and what happens if your not. Bondurant uses lots of great personal examples to explain what can go right and wrong in situations and reading his history is amazing.

• 1 month later...