FS: 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

dewman0012

I will be looking to get rid of my talon here in the next month. My lease is up on my apartment in mid-january, so depending on where I move will determine the fate of this car. Our rent is increasing, and at this point we are looking to get a new place for the money. I am not certain the new place will have a garage to store this car, so I am forced to look into selling it. So, at this point I feel it is best to move on and concentrate on things more important such as school and work. Plus, I haven't spent anytime on the car to justify storing it for all this time. Below is some information about it. For those that know this car, it is an extremely clean 1g.

**Car is not currently running**

The car will come with a complete block. This includes both the bottom end and the head. Both are in great shape, however, they have sat for quite sometime due to laziness by myself. The motor was freshly rebuilt (stock) and has a few thousand miles on it. It was previously in an automatic. I can't promise it will be in perfect running condition but the parts are in great shape. The head is perfect with the valves still intact. The only part rebuilt was the bottom end and the head was original. Comes with a new timing belt and tensioner. The head has already been torqued to the bottom end. ARP headstuds are used for the hardware.

Car:

1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD

5-Speed Manual (slight grind in first when slowing down, solid everywhere else)

White (including wing and lower rear lighting piece)

Painted engine bay

100k+ miles on the car, but you couldn't tell looking at it

Garaged since I have owned it (along with the previous owner as well)

Interior:

Roll cage (side pillars need re-welded inside)

Custom leather racing seats (no tears or rips)

Racing harnesses

Clean stock dash

Wheels:

17" Motegi MR-7 Wheels

Tires are in great shape

Brakes:

Stock brakes (need replaced from sitting)

Stainless Steel Lines

Suspension:

KYB Shocks

Eibach Sportline Springs

Exhaust/Turbo:

3" Buschur Turbo Back

Brand New (i.e. < 10miles) Turbonetics T3/T04E Turbo (http://www.agpturbo.com/product.php?productid=16142&cat=252&page=1)

Other mods

HKS VPC

Spearco FMIC

HKS External Wastegate

Buschur FPR

Gauges (A/F, Boost, Oil Pressure, Water Temp, EGT)

Set of newer 660cc injectors

255 Fuel Pump

4-bolt rear end

ACT 2600 Clutch

1g blow-off valve

MBC

New radiator

EPROM ECU

I know I am missing some other small pieces in my list, but you can get the general idea of what comes with the car. This is a perfect solution for someone looking for a race built car. My plans were to make this into a great street/track car but I fell short of this. Due to college, work, women, etc. my time hasn't been into cars for quite awhile now. This wasn't my smartest investment to say the least but it has to go. I WILL NOT PART THIS CAR. It is way to important to me and the DSM community to part everything. I personally want to see someone finish off what has been started to make something of the car. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know:

Drew Taranto

PM me for contact information

Price: $3000 firm

I will post a few pictures, but nothing really up to date. Doesn't reflect the painted engine bay, etc.:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9859/car003fn2.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3405/car004ea4.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4804/car005ub5.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9290/car001bq0.jpg

If you need more, I can take a few. Nothing is going to come out fantastic, so you are better off coming and seeing it in person.

What exactly is the HKS VPC and where can I get one? I've gathered it replaces the mafs, but I need to know more, and what they go for new...

thanks

its a vein pressure controler.

FROM HKS web site.

is a fuel management device that is designed to physically and electronically replace the OEM air metering devices for improved air flow and precise fuel delivery control. OEM air metering devices, such as Air Flow Meters (Flapper/Plunger types) and Air Mass Sensors (Hot wire / Karmen Vortex types) measure the amount of air flowing into the intake manifold in order to properly control fuel enrichment levels. Aside from offering no adjustment or reprogramming options to take advantage of dramatically higher amounts of airflow or larger fuel injectors, the OEM air meter also represents a significant restriction to the intake system. To overcome this restriction, the VPC physically removes the OEM air meter to dramatically improve airflow capacity and converts the system to what is referred to as a speed density system. By utilizing a 16-bit central processing unit, the VPC reads it’s own intake air temperature sensor and absolute pressure transducer (B-MAP sensor) signals and then converts those signals to one that is recognizable by the factory ECU. The VPC also incorporates the ability to upgrade the internal application specific ROM program to correctly compensate and take full advantage of larger, Higher flowing, HKS fuel injectors and/or the greater air flow characteristics of larger turbos. Each application specific ROM program is calibrated for a specific injector size, fuel pumps, camshafts, and/or turbos, ensuring that the correct injector pulse width is calculated to prevent driveability and reliability problems. Since the VPC “piggy-backs” the factory ECU, all factory systems are still intact and operational. Fine tuning of fuel curves can be further achieved by integrating the plug-in GCC or by wiring in a Super AFR.