98TA Need motor mount an P. Steering replaced

clayton006

Hello,

I had a question for anyone willing to help. I have a 98 TA and I believe the motor mount just snapped and the whole car shakes when I give it some gas. (I can tell that the engine isn't missing though). I was wondering the difficulty in changing out the motor mounts or if someone could lend a hand?

Also I need my power steering pump replaced and not sure how to use the pulley puller I have. So any help with that as well would be appreciated!

Yeah I just checked the trans mount yesterday and it's good. I'd like to put poly mounts on the car since I'm there, but I may still take your offer if they are expensive.

@Bill. I'll send you a PM in the next few days and we will set something up! Thanks for the generous offer!

Poly mounts are a good idea, especialy if you were hard enough on the car to break a stock mount and intend to keep the car a while. I assume you took a long hard look at the ujoints and rearend. You should be able to see the engine moving if you have a bad mount. Have someone get into your car. Apply the E-brake, apply power to the wheels on and off. You should be able to watch for excess movement. If you are carefull and use a mirror you can watch the mounts and see if there is a failure.

Well u-joins could be a problem as well, but I know already that at idle the engine has a lot more movement than normal. Just popping the hood and revving the car the engine moves quite a bit more than it usually does, but I know it's not missing. It feels like engine is shaking down the whole front end of the car (At idle and driving).