Whitehall Police Questions

Vander

Pwned by the laser. Why waste money fighting it just to still have to pay a fine or something? Just take it like a man and be done with it, don't want to pay then don't speed, very simple really.

"a fine or something"? If you fight it and win you will owe court costs?

The last ticket I had I fought. Sure it would've been easier just to pay the thing and eat the ticket but I didnt want it on my record or on my insurance. I showed up at court, the officer didnt. Long story short I only saved 20$ paying court costs and a fee for "state speed" which will be in my record as 1-4mph over the limit and no points as oppose to just paying the ticket and having the points. I took half a day off from work but used personal time, which I never use in the first place. If the ticket is expensive enough or you cant afford points on your license then do it.

Ok I never mentioned anything about speeding tickets, but thank you for your responses. But going back to my questions, can anyone please answer either of them?

What make and model of lasers do they use?

How can I view there F.C.C license?

"a fine or something"? If you fight it and win you will owe court costs?

The last ticket I had I fought. Sure it would've been easier just to pay the thing and eat the ticket but I didnt want it on my record or on my insurance. I showed up at court, the officer didnt. Long story short I only saved 20$ paying court costs and a fee for "state speed" which will be in my record as 1-4mph over the limit and no points as oppose to just paying the ticket and having the points. I took half a day off from work but used personal time, which I never use in the first place. If the ticket is expensive enough or you cant afford points on your license then do it.

sorry a little off topic.

stated speed is still a chargable violation its a 010 speed less than 10 mph over the limit. which is a 2 point violation.

sorry a little off topic.

stated speed is still a chargable violation its a 010 speed less than 10 mph over the limit. which is a 2 point violation.

Odd maybe I misunderstood. The court paperwork said 4 mph over, no points, and minimal fine. Maybe I was just using the wrong terminology? Either way, its in the past and i havent seen any increase in my insurance so I should be ok.

Odd maybe I misunderstood. The court paperwork said 4 mph over, no points, and minimal fine. Maybe I was just using the wrong terminology? Either way, its in the past and i havent seen any increase in my insurance so I should be ok.

hrmmm... probably not listed as a violation then (other).

Ok I never mentioned anything about speeding tickets, but thank you for your responses. But going back to my questions, can anyone please answer either of them?

They only have a License for their Radio system.

Laser Speed Guns don't require a License from the FCC. Anywho here is the FCC License for the City of Whitehall:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=1108272

here is another:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=1288193

Neither states explicit use of "Laser Speed Detection" although the FCC only cares about RF Airwaves.

You can't view an FCC license for a laser, because there is none. Laser is light, FCC deals with airwaves, frequences, video, sound. They have nothing to do with any kind of Laser.

i belive the department of agricutuler is the oversight for laser use, that are used in machines...

correct me if im wrong that is why laser jammers are legal since there are no laws about blocking them or being able to be hit by them......and since the FCC monitors radio/radar waves they have baned them in their legal areas..... <lil drunk hope this makes sense.

You can't view an FCC license for a laser, because there is none. Laser is light, FCC deals with airwaves, frequences, video, sound. They have nothing to do with any kind of Laser.

Radar jammers are oulawed by the FCC for this very reason; their job is to manage the broadcast traffic of the counrty. They have no juristiction over beams of light, therefore laser jammers are still legal.... but I think the FAA might be able to make them illegal.

Police calibration methods are mostly bullshit, and would be laughed at by any propper industrial inspection authority. Going through that would be expensive, and hotly political. Imagine proving that VASCAR and it's calibration methods were bogus in the supreme court, what would happen?

Billions of dollars in refunds and a clusterfuck of driving record adjustments.

This should be done, because they're using these things to charge people with crimes. If it's not 100% accurate, there there is reasonable doubt. VASCAR is no where near 100% anything.

That being said, I wouldn't even bother trying to fight laser, it's the best they've got.