FS WRX stuff

Sturg1647545502

we are considering buying back our totaled WRX. but before we do we are seeing if there is a market for the parts

2002 wrx wagon black front end wreck.(pics to come in a few)

extras

stage 1 Air Power Systems(APS) kit.

(APS now makes the kits that are marketed by cobb tuning)

up pipe, ECU, BOV, exhaust http://airpowersystems.com/wrx/patrick/patrick_report.html

this kit took our stock wrx up to just under 300hp

exedy stage 1 clutch with Less than 9000mi on it.

Like i said this is just to gauge is anyone is interested.

Post asking price.

I have a friend that just bought one.

this thread was to determine if there was an interest for the parts. now that there is..we are trying to find someone with some thing to....save some $ and hassel.

If and when we can buy it back ill throw out some numbers FO SHO

Someone deleted my post. I asked how that was 300hp or if you were talking @ the wheel

We never dynoed it ourselfs, the speed shop,out of dayton, that did the install said similar setups brought anywhere from the 280-300 range. thoes obviously arnt hard numbers.

You already got my list through PM. Any idea how much of what I asked for lived through the wreck?

yes i did. I keep a list. In a safe. if we loose the list, it would be bad.

id be interested in the motor, tranny, wiring harness, and ecu if it would swap into my 97 impreza L wagon...do you know>?

yea thats why i really want to pick it back up!!!

from the pics it looks like all of it. THe doors are good. The interior should be all good(naturally x2 airbags deploied) The exhaust should be good, even though i have yet to see under the engine. The only thing that might be an issue is a radiator. Im hoping it didnt knock the pulley off while it was still running. We'll see as soon a i can take a look at it

bah im still at work and cant post pics. as soon as i get home ill give ya a moneyshot where she got tagged in the front.

nope dont know anything about the passenger fenders. i havent looked at the car yet, and wont untill/IF we can get in to the auction.

Again i state all this is contingent upon us even getting into the auction.

your insurane company didn't offer a buy back on it>?

Guest GMoney

When you look at the motor make sure the cam pulleys are not broken, if the are then expect more than a few bent valves in the motor.

I would check to make sure the pulleys are still good before buying back this car.

Everytime my driver crashed our 2002 wrx rally car in the front we were rebuilding the heads. PITA!

Yea i bet. a good buddy since highschool/suby cert. mechanic is going with me to help make that determination.

We've got a plan and are sticking to it. If it turns out this car is too trashed and not an investment that will retun for us then we cant/wont take it. Def not going to let personal feeling of having owned this car get in the way :cry: thats why im continusouly saying that this is sjut go gauge interest. its also why im not throwing numbers out on parts...bcause i havent seen anything in person yet.

as far as buying it back straight up, im persuing that heavily... i dont want to post on here saying im trying to buysomething back and not get it....so im talking worst case senario(it going to auction). We have been talking to our insurance rep and will be talking to him again on monday.