97 cavalier won't start

87GT

I bought a car off my buddy for real cheap. He was helping me out since he owns a lot of cars. It was sitting since Sept 07 at his house. We had to jump it 3 days ago with my saturn. We had the jumper cables on for less then 30 seconds and it started fine. For the last 2 days I was able to start it fine and drive it around with no problems. Last night it would not start. I waited until today and it won't start either.

I turn the key all the way over and all I can hear is the fuel pump prime and the dash lights go on. It doesn't click or grind or anything. I jumped it with my saturn and let it sit connected for a few minutes and the same thing happens. Everything lights up but it won't even attempt to start. A day ago I got my cd player and amp installed in it. I was able to drive it home and around for a bit.

I took the battery out and took it to Autozone. They said it was fine and I had them charge it for 30 minutes. I didn't have enough time today before work to put it back into my car. I am going to try it tonight but if the same thing happens what should I check next? Wiring to the starter or what?

see if it has had the ignition relay installed you should see it screwed into the front support just above the radiator. the cars had problems with the ignitions and they put out a tsb or recall not sure which, but i have had to install it on 2 of my cavaliers. if you are really desperate for it to start get a screw driver or putty knife and use it to jump the starter and the car will fire right up. (make sure it's in neutral and the key is in the on position:)) oh and don't hold the key in the start position it could cause a fire.