APS Twin Turbo Kits

DTM Brian

The C5 kit uses Garrett 2871's or 3071's, possibly with housings machined for larger CHRAs / compressor wheels. The mention of the 20G casts some doubt on that similar turbos are used on the Fbod kit.

I have never read anything related to issues with the kits based on design. APS knows their stuff, they are probably one of the better choices for a driveable, T3 based twin kit.

*The kit does use a scavange pump, so some are leary about potential oil lubrication failure.

I rode in one this past summer when I was in michigan. Granted he was only on 6 lbs, but I was way more impressed with his other c5 with a head and cam package. I could tell the turbo c5 was faster, but it just didnt feel right. Maybe it was in the tune.

Jackson

well...coming from the subaru community, APS is viewed as being very overpriced often with mediocre performance a shit ton of problems.

I was looking into some of their turbos and was told to steer clear of them, I would suggest the same to you.

I have two customers that have been waiting over 6 months for kits. I am not sure I am prepared to wait that long when someone already has my money.

I do understand what you mean. It only took 3 months to get my kit, but that was in 04.

HP has some good stuff... but the wait on them is terrible... i considered them for a turbo kit for my Cobra but the bad reviews on the wait time turned me down... went the procharger route instead... well see how that turns out dyno numbers wise when the car is done... Brian I’ll be giving you a call about March-April time... also the bike needs a tune…

HP has some good stuff... but the wait on them is terrible... i considered them for a turbo kit for my Cobra but the bad reviews on the wait time turned me down... went the procharger route instead... well see how that turns out dyno numbers wise when the car is done... Brian I’ll be giving you a call about March-April time... also the bike needs a tune…

Sounds good. Will look forward to checking out the Procharger setup.

Sounds good. Will look forward to checking out the Procharger setup.

Procharger has some good stuff but you might want to check out the paxton novi supercharger system http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/SC600.html. Guy just made 570rwhp on one of their set-ups with only 9-10 lb of boost. Guy only has Dynatech headers, ECS blower cam, dual springs, pushrods, and LS2 timing set with ported LS6 pump. Is using stock block.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i254/H8LAPD/Dyno%20Images/IvanSC.jpg

We've installed APS kits, they are nice.

This is a graph from a 01 Z06 we did with a ECS novi 2000 kit, ebay longtubes and thats it. This was on 11psi with water/meth. We had some issues with the stock clutch at the top of the pull. lol

http://www.aptuning.net/photos/z06575-2.jpg