beater help

SLOWLX

Its a 85 dodge 600 2.2 nonturbo it was a free car problem is the other day it quit running just craking over so i thought fuel pump wentand got one from the junkyard (cheap) wrong it ws the timing belt went and got a belt stuck it on fine running good went to work the other morning ran fine to work came home stalled out pulled it home started working on it again try to hook both fuel pumps up to the battery both of them not working so i went and bought a brand new one stuck it on nothing just cranks over and bought a new ful filter then theonly thing i could think of relay it calls for one got new one to still nothing i notice if i crank it over and pull the hose off the sending unit some gas trickles out i have no idea

I had a Daytona that had a similar problem, ended up being a broken wire inside the insulation(the wire from the computer to the FP relay) by looking at it you couldn't tell, found it with a meter. I know that most (not all) had an ASD relay (auto shutdown) and if these were bad, the FP wouldn't run.

that car has asd relay power module and logic module

work backwards untill you have power probe the pump harness with a meter for voltage if its dead go to the relay etc.

if your going to keep the car long I'd try to find a 1985 chrysler service manual (the one they use at the dealer) it'll really help