Guns.....

Putty

I am torn between that and a nicer AK w/ a scope, which would be cheaper than the average AR. Next gunshow, I am going to approach a person walking around trying to sell an AR and see what deal I could get.

I am torn between that and a nicer AK w/ a scope, which would be cheaper than the average AR. Next gunshow, I am going to approach a person walking around trying to sell an AR and see what deal I could get.

Pssssssssssst no. Save the money for an AR, the AK's are great plinking fun and cheap to shoot, but you know you want an AR.

Aimpoint M68 = $400 (for decent price per sight)

ACOG= Atleast $1,100

Leupold Mark 2 = Atleast $1K

Magpul Stocks = $250 per stock

4 Rail system = $300-$450ish.

Surefire forend/tac light = $450-$500ish

I'd say he's got closer to $9K in guns sitting there alone, of not damn close, not to mention half of them look like they've been coated.

I think I found q new desktop background! Very nice collection.

Nice AR collection. The best rifle however is the last one on the right, can't go wrong with an M14 :)

Scott, are you a squad designated marksmen? I thought the Army gave all the M14s to the USMC guys....and the Air Force/Navy Academy for parade guns :D

I think I found q new desktop background! Very nice collection.

Scott, are you a squad designated marksmen? I thought the Army gave all the M14s to the USMC guys....and the Air Force/Navy Academy for parade guns :D

HAHA Marines can't hit the broad side of a barn. Technically Delta/SF boys have been carrying the M14 for decades, but the US Army and it's infinite wisdom blew the dust off the stock piles of M14's collecting dust, threw Leuopold Mark 4 scopes and rings on them, and turned us loose. I had mine slightly accurized by a 3rd shop armorer that was the SF armorer. Needless to say that rifle could do damage. We were the "designated: marksmen for our platoon. We also got a crash sniper course @ Ft.Hood.

HAHA Marines can't hit the broad side of a barn. Technically Delta/SF boys have been carrying the M14 for decades, but the US Army and it's infinite wisdom blew the dust off the stock piles of M14's collecting dust, threw Leuopold Mark 4 scopes and rings on them, and turned us loose. I had mine slightly accurized by a 3rd shop armorer that was the SF armorer. Needless to say that rifle could do damage. We were the "designated: marksmen for our platoon. We also got a crash sniper course @ Ft.Hood.

You do know the best snipers are Marine Scout snipers? I have meet a few usmc SS guys and they carry m40a3 w/ Schmidt & Bender Marksmen LP II which are standard on USMC sniper rifles.

You do know the best snipers are Marine Scout snipers? I have meet a few usmc SS guys and they carry http://smiliesftw.com/x/bowdown.gifm40a3 w/ Schmidt & Benderhttp://smiliesftw.com/x/bowdownflip.gif Marksmen LP II which are standard on USMC sniper rifles.

:cool::cool::cool:

You do know the best snipers are Marine Scout snipers? I have meet a few usmc SS guys and they carry m40a3 w/ Schmidt & Bender Marksmen LP II which are standard on USMC sniper rifles.

I agree, but a couple years running the Ranger Batt boys have taken the competitions out @ Bragg. I will say the marine scout snipers are damn good aswell. Marines brag too much about their "shooting" abilities. But the Army brought itself into the 21st century by introducing the ACOG/EOTECH/M68's to the game. Pretty standard equipment for most active units nowadays.

Old results from competition (teams from all over too)

Here are the results from the November 2005 International Sniper Competition at Fort Benning:

(Army wins :D )

1. All Guard Team

2.1/21 Inf team 25ID

3.1 Cav Div team

4.USAF team

5.2/22 Royal 22e Canada

6.2/27 Reg 25ID

7.1/23 Reg 2ID

8.USMC Scout Sniper School Team

9.3/75 Ranger Reg Team

10.3/71 Cav 10 Mountain

11.1/22 Royal 22e Reg Canada