SCCA Autocross Schedule

31rx7

Unless I share a car with someone, I don't think I will compete this year unless I get another vehicle. The Mustang is awesome for straight line, but has way too much lag for autocross. I may end up getting another high rev NA car soon, but until then I am out.

<---Possibly has a super secret project for this coming season if I can get the fundage, basically it will be a good deal quicker car than the S2000!! If not I will be beating the Laser to death at Mid-Ohio and probably do little autocrossing.

Unless I share a car with someone, I don't think I will compete this year unless I get another vehicle. The Mustang is awesome for straight line, but has way too much lag for autocross. I may end up getting another high rev NA car soon, but until then I am out.

Cheap autocross cars:

- Given no one runs a Mini locally, a Saturn SL2 or SC2 5 speed is a good choice for a cheap autocrosser in HStock. Rims are almost free, and a used set of R type tires can be had for cheap.

- As a matter of fact, look at the more lightly populated classes. A budget car for one of those.

- 2nd Choice would be a Neon for GStock. Similar prep. Probably even cheaper than a Saturn.

- I don't think ES is that heavily populated either. The early Miata's can be had for cheap.

- Keep your Starion / Conquest, and put some decent rubber on it.

wooo im excited itll be my first time out to anything like this wooo ha

Good for you. Please let me know if you need any help. PM me and we can talk off line.

Also, check out:

http://www.ovr-scca.org/_ovrclub/noviceguide/noviceguide.asp?hl=autocross.asp

...for basic info.

Be SURE to do the Driver's School. Best money you will ever spend.

Rich

Good for you. Please let me know if you need any help. PM me and we can talk off line.

Also, check out:

http://www.ovr-scca.org/_ovrclub/noviceguide/noviceguide.asp?hl=autocross.asp

...for basic info.

Be SURE to do the Driver's School. Best money you will ever spend.

Rich

Hmm ill defentally give u a pm in a few I appreciate it

Cheap autocross cars:

- Given no one runs a Mini locally, a Saturn SL2 or SC2 5 speed is a good choice for a cheap autocrosser in HStock. Rims are almost free, and a used set of R type tires can be had for cheap.

- As a matter of fact, look at the more lightly populated classes. A budget car for one of those.

- 2nd Choice would be a Neon for GStock. Similar prep. Probably even cheaper than a Saturn.

- I don't think ES is that heavily populated either. The early Miata's can be had for cheap.

- Keep your Starion / Conquest, and put some decent rubber on it.

I think you are getting me confused with Pat Simmons, I dont have a Starion, I have a Mustang Turbo.

• 2 weeks later...
no neons please

You Skeered??? ;) Though a prepped neon would be a handful for your car Gray you should be more worried about those new Si's!!

Though I'll be at all the events I may not be driving as much as HPDE is going to be my focus, you still planning on some M/O with me Gray??

m/o for sure ben just need a car or some stilts to drive an unsaid dsm....

this year im actually not expecting to win due to the new Si's. BUT.. im not going to bitch and moan that they have 60 more hp and lsd etc. etc... or anything though...

m/o for sure ben just need a car or some stilts to drive an unsaid dsm....

this year im actually not expecting to win due to the new Si's. BUT.. im not going to bitch and moan that they have 60 more hp and lsd etc. etc... or anything though...

60hp more, lsd, better suspension, better everything pretty much, but who am I to say anything as I have less power and about the same suspension as your car!! :D