Hello Recession

Casper

This problem has been hiding for decades. Companies have been loaning people retarded amounts of money to people who had no chance of making the payments. It finally caught up. Bank loans you 50k for a Escalade, 6months you beat it up, put 10k miles on it, its worth 30k and you cant make the payments so the bank takes it but cant get their money back is just an example of the 100,000 caddies out there for sale. Thats not the only reason but a huge factor (over the past 20 years), I'd say close to as much as the current war impact.

Why not buy a 10k car and not be in the hole?

is nobody teaching that anymore?

The average cc debt is 7-8 thousand dollars per household,what the fuck! I dont care how mutch you think you want to buy that next thing..dont...save up for it.

Yeah only if you own it outright.

Or when you pay on it for many years and get a large sum of money for selling it (if you are able to sell it :(). An apartment, at most, will give you a discount towards a house... or extra fees for getting the kool aid stains out of the carpet.

I'll choose the house, thank you. A house can be an asset if you know what you are doing... an apartment, not so much.

Edit: We suck! This is why all the other countries call us fat lazy americans. We need to adopt the work ethic of our grandparents, and stop living on credit!

Yeah only if you own it outright.

No, only if you rent it is it an asset. Otherwise it is a liability. You never "own" your property, stop paying your property taxes and see if you really own your property.

Edit: We suck! This is why all the other countries call us fat lazy americans. We need to adopt the work ethic of our grandparents, and stop living on credit!

I made that decision earlier last year. I don't use credit for any purchases now. If I don't have cash I don't buy. That goes for cars too.

I made that decision earlier last year. I don't use credit for any purchases now. If I don't have cash I don't buy. That goes for cars too.

House too? If so, bravo to you.

I live by that too, nothing is worth paying extra for (interest) unless its not really an obtainable goal. Only debt I've ever had is my current mortgage, and that's all I ever really plan on, I don't use credit for anything, and its much less stressful.