Thoughts or experience with auto auctions

turbospec29

I am looking for a decent daily and have been searching craigslist, but I also have been thinking of hitting up the public repo auction. The ohio auto auction down off 104 has a pretty good selection, does anyone here have experience with these types of places?

Make sure you try EVERYTHING on the car. I used to work out there. Alot of times some of the cheap companies would just have us jam a 2x4 in the door to hold a window up when the motor didn't work, etc. If you have access to a code reader pull codes even if the light is off. Also, it never hurts to have a mechanic come look with you. They also offer some type of garuntee/warranty. I would buy it. They take it back to the shop and do a frame check and look things over to make sure it isn't a wrecked car that has been put back together. It also covers serious defects that you may not notice at first. They test things like the trans./diff. etc. If you look good you can find some great deals though.