Mad River Mountin

Tindall2006

You can only buy YOUR lift ticket with your military ID... and most of the office girls are pretty strickt. I will be going tommorow night, I'll PM ya'll my number and just send me a text and give me a call. I belive i am working in the cafe during the day, so look for a tall dude (about 6 foot) with brown hair, say ur from CR and I can probably hook you up.

Havn't been yet this year but I wan't to, way to cold this weekend to even consider it though.

I would have shit if u where there, I might have almost driven off in your car too thinking it was my dad's lol (been driving his for a few days)

I would have shit if u where there, I might have almost driven off in your car too thinking it was my dad's lol (been driving his for a few days)

Heh, if you can find my Laser right now, it's hiding in a barn in the middle of nowhere!! :D I don't drive it in the winter, that's what the Pathfinder is for.

You can only buy YOUR lift ticket with your military ID... and most of the office girls are pretty strickt. I will be going tommorow night, I'll PM ya'll my number and just send me a text and give me a call. I belive i am working in the cafe during the day, so look for a tall dude (about 6 foot) with brown hair, say ur from CR and I can probably hook you up.

go work in the bar when i come, that would be great

I'm there at least every Saturday from open to 3-4. Except for next Saturday (26th). I'm there some random other days too. Post up if you are going to be there, or if you go there you can just ask someone on the ski patrol if I'm there. It was cold yesterday, but the snow was oh so good.

ski patrol had a fun night last night. I was on the lift and everyone started yelling that someone fell off, happend right below the 4 star near the beginning. I don't think the guy fell off but looks like he took out the fence and wreaked.

I have thought about joining ski patrol, have 3 years of fire rescue experence, just not sure if i will be around next winter.

ski patrol had a fun night last night. I was on the lift and everyone started yelling that someone fell off, happend right below the 4 star near the beginning. I don't think the guy fell off but looks like he took out the fence and wreaked.

I have thought about joining ski patrol, have 3 years of fire rescue experence, just not sure if i will be around next winter.

I'll have to ask about that.

Wait until next winter then.

Most people still have to take the class although some can challenge, but I think our local hill is getting away from that. Even if you challenge my rough guess would be you still need to come to about half of everything to learn things you wouldn't otherwise know. The class is every Thursday at 6 (has been for the past few years) for about 6 months so it's a big commitment which I wouldn't suggest someone to do unless they know they can stick around. They took the EMT basic class/curriculum from 95 and made a class and book about doing that outdoors and it's called the Outdoor Emergency Care class. People who are trained in the type of field you are in are great, because they have a ton of experience, even relative to some of our experienced patrolers, because they do this stuff every day. Watching some of the EMT's, nurses and doctors work is awesome to see and I love learning from watching them about how to better handle situations. The problem is they still need trained to our standards because when you are on the patrol you need to adhere to them and nothing 'above' or 'below' them. Really the proper term would be different. This is for a number of reasons, but mostly liability, and mostly for yourself, so it's very important that, as a patroler, we know these things per our standards. Also, you get some knowledge in outdoor care specifically and most of the 'regular' stuff is geared towards working outdoors. You will also get experience working on the hill, our local standards, protocol and training.

What I would suggest to do is wait to see if you are around here next year. They've started up an awesome observer program over the last few years. What that allows you to do is ski along with a patroler the winter before you plant to take the OEC (outdoor emergency care class) whenever you come up and see what it's all about. At the same time you can start some of your ski/board training so that process is already started when you get on you first winter of patroling.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

BTW, If u where there yesterday untill 3-4 I probably saw u, what is ur name? what u look like lol

My names in my info to the left, I'm a stereotypical looking anglo saxon, about 5'9". I would have had all black on with a black patroler vest (we have the white crosses on our backs). There would have been a few people running around like that, but I'm the only guy around that height. I'm on skis.