2004 GTO LS1 Dyno Tune Results

DTM Brian

...you don't have years

I may not have grey hair, but I'm certainly able to decipher snake oil bullshit when I see it.

I'm saying mistakes have know to have happened and anomalies usually end up being explained as was the case with fat nick. ...looking at those numbers and know nothing else about the car is I'd have immediately guessed it had LTs and a cam. ...or was an LS2

We know what you're saying, but, we are trying to tell you - this isn't one of them. Fat Nick was a victim of operation error - as Dyno Dynamics units have an operator input "correction factor", Dynojets don't have it so easy. Like Brain mentioned, he would need to hold a blow torch next to the weather station...which I would go out on a limb and say...he wouldn't do that.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will gladly pay for your gas for you to come down here and watch the car get dynoed again. How is this so unbelievable when another guy on buckeye goats with just catless mids and no tune put down 321hp 333tq in the middle of July.

Because Scotts car was tuned. I know he used a Predator early on and may have had it tweaked on a dyno since...his A/F is perfectly flat on his dyno sheet. ...and because the 370 rwtq isn't close to normal for what you have. Out of courteous to the shop in this thread I won't name the two places that BuckeyeGoat has held their dyno days but when BuckeyeGoats holds another dyno day why don't you bring you car to compare if you really have a car that's so much stronger then the average. There are alway a lot a stock and lightly modded GTOs to compare against.

... and by the way I'm currently setting up the fall and spring track rentals for BuckeyeGoats. If your interested in running against the other GTOs in the state...that's the real test.

Just out of curiousity what would a stock 04 6-speed GTO run? On radial tires, not drag radials? Just trying to find out a few things here.

Typically 13.5 to 14+ until they can get a sub 2.0 60.

Here's some stock times for the state, I think these are all M6

13.483 @ 103.88 2.024 Spieldawg (2004 stock)

13.526 @ 101.2 2.145 true blue/big steve (2004 stock)

13.540 @ 103.00 2.000 impulseblue GTO (2004 stock)

13.750 @ 102.02 2.060 dee99gt (2004 stock)

13.820 @ 101.90 0.00 Hoss81 (2004 stock)

14.276 @ 96.50 2.142 Straightedge (2004 Stock)

These are the fastest LS1 NA Stock ETs recorded on LS1GTO.com, but don't know which ones are A4 or M6. Supposedly DRs are not allowed for cars in this class. The top times are probably from ATCO and cars are gutted.

1) Nutiger 13.025 @ 108.31

2) H82BSLOGTO 13.09 @ 105.00 MPH

3) ls1gto 13.10 @ 107.3 MPH

4) TRU GTO 13.136 @ 105.76 MPH

5) GTwhoa 13.15 @ 105.35 MPH

6) nutiger 13.245 @ 104.86 MPH

7) GTONEWB 13.248 105.99 MPH

8) slammin86 13.27 @ 105.46 MPH

9) nikivee 13.3 @ 104.00 MPH

10) 1meangoat 13.307 @ 104.61 MPH

You may know GTO's but I know Dynotune and what they can do. This speaks to their reputation, which is 2nd to none. Good job Brian.

If those are true numbers he's running LS2 stock numbers...well better then LS2 stock numbers...so he should be the 12's easy. Guess we'll see.

Because Scotts car was tuned. I know he used a Predator early on and may have had it tweaked on a dyno since...his A/F is perfectly flat on his dyno sheet. ...and because the 370 rwtq isn't close to normal for what you have. Out of courteous to the shop in this thread I won't name the two places that BuckeyeGoat has held their dyno days but when BuckeyeGoats holds another dyno day why don't you bring you car to compare if you really have a car that's so much stronger then the average. There are alway a lot a stock and lightly modded GTOs to compare against.

... and by the way I'm currently setting up the fall and spring track rentals for BuckeyeGoats. If your interested in running against the other GTOs in the state...that's the real test.

I"ll gladly take you up in the track rental offer. I'm at the track all the time in the summer. As far as the those other dyno shops, I've talked to the owner of Precision a couple of times at the track. I guarantee a 12 sec pass the way the car sits.

Guest BLUE BY U
Was this car blue? And have diff rims on the front then on the rear? If so, I'm pretty sure I saw him filling up at a Sunoco near Georgesville road this afternoon. The car sounded great, very throaty idle...

Yes different car , that was mine, thanks for the compliment