Verizon Wireless 8830 Blackberry

Akula

I just got this thing a few days ago and really like it. It doesn't have a camera but in some ways that is a blessing.

Anyway, the interface isn't really that intuitive and the web browser is confusing. Setup to get email is simple but anything having to do with the phone is broken town into what amounts to text files. If anyone knows how to use this thing, or configure to bluetooth modem on leopard I would love to have a chat with ya.

I do like the world phone feature so I can go anywhere that vodafone has a presence and it works there. I had good coverage in Seoul and Hong Kong, it gives basic service in Macau which means I cannot get gmail but I can SMS and place calls. I bet my phone bill will be HUGE now.

I want to get the sim unlocked and put my Orange SIM in for the UK.

Josh you can Meh all you want but I'm guessing that since he is a road warrior that he's using the internet on his more then you would. The BB browser sucks plain and simple its not full html and is horrendous. I'm posting this while in class on opera mini.

I have the 8830 and unlocked all the Themes.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/

It is pretty simple.

You go to Blackberry's Website and DL the OS for your phone, update it to accept the themes, use the Desktop manager to upload it back to the phone. That is it. On the forums link I posted there are a few good write up's. Just search for "theme" and it will tell you how to unlock them all.

**EDIT** I can't Read. Here is the SIM Unlock link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/unlocking-verizonewireless-8830-a-1356/

Looks like it is tricky, and you may need to call Verizon Global Support

Ok, so here is the problem. I go to browser and I get a list Services - email services Settings etc....

Where do I put in the URL? BTW, the 8830 doesn't have a wheel. I open the browser and click the ball and nothing happens.

Ok, so here is the problem. I go to browser and I get a list Services - email services Settings etc....

Where do I put in the URL? BTW, the 8830 doesn't have a wheel. I open the browser and click the ball and nothing happens.

You live in Hilliard... We'll be over in 2 minutes!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k286/wirelesspartners/smallitsnetwork.jpg

j/k, push the button to the the left of the ball after you open the browser.