Where to rent car trailer other than U-haul?

Boost-n-Juice

try budget they have trailers as well as rider orrr easiest way is borrow a friends truck go grab the uhaul with that truck (full size easiet) so they see your using that truck thennnn take the trailer home and put it on your exporer and when you drop it off if they ask questions just say your truck blew up and heres your trailer

try budget they have trailers as well as rider orrr easiest way is borrow a friends truck go grab the uhaul with that truck (full size easiet) so they see your using that truck thennnn take the trailer home and put it on your exporer and when you drop it off if they ask questions just say your truck blew up and heres your trailer

If you take Uhauls insurance policy, do what you just described, and then get into a wreck, they won't cover you. Just a heads up.

I pull my 21' Cuddy boat with no problems with the Exploder, it's total weight is atleast 3500. I have the 4.0 V6 and it has plenty of torque down low and the close ratio 5spd auto is what really helps.

I hear this all the time at work (Our equipment rental is also a Uhaul dealer). You know, and I know that your vehichle is perfectly capable, but, if Uhaul says you can't pull it.........you can't pull it. Dumb, I know, but that's how they operate.

I get people all the time that come in and argue with me when I tell them Uhaul says they can't pull something. Sorry, I can't change it. Though, some folks really are dumb about what the limits of their vehichle are. People really get pissed for some reason when you tell them their truck isn't big enough.

Guest 78novaman

Keep in mind a rented car trailer will usually run in the 1700-2000lb range. A full size car will be approaching 6,000lbs easy. That's why they won't let you rent one for your explorer.

If the vehicle manual says you can tow X pounds, show them and they will usually let you rent it (at least that's my experience with the independents.) X is going to have to be 6,500lbs or they won't let you have it.

The truck is rated at 5,500lbs towing and 8,500 with the V8 and towing package. My Mustang is 3,000lbs. It would pull my car no problem. I can't see an aluminum Uhaul trailer weighing 2,000lbs, either way they are retarded.

I called Budget and they only rent the trailers if you are renting their truck. We are doing the POD thing for our personal/household stuff. Budget is way cheaper than Uhual BTW.

ford and uhual had a big lawsuit.

i went through what your going through.. its retarded.

they wont rent to wranglers either

basically.. there was an incedent with some explorerss.. ford blamed uhual.. uhual did an investigation.. it was the tires on the explorers, but ford tried to blame uhual.. now no explorers

The truck is rated at 5,500lbs towing and 8,500 with the V8 and towing package. My Mustang is 3,000lbs. It would pull my car no problem. I can't see an aluminum Uhaul trailer weighing 2,000lbs, either way they are retarded.

I called Budget and they only rent the trailers if you are renting their truck. We are doing the POD thing for our personal/household stuff. Budget is way cheaper than Uhual BTW.

Depends on how old of a trailer you get. The older ones are all steel, and newer ones are hard to come by.

Edit- In the end, it doesn't matter if your Exploder is rated at a 20,000lb. towing capacity; Uhaul will not rent you a trailer.

Depends on how old of a trailer you get. The older ones are all steel, and newer ones are hard to come by.

Edit- In the end, it doesn't matter if your Exploder is rated at a 20,000lb. towing capacity; Uhaul will not rent you a trailer.

I know this, hence the reason I started the thread. Uhaul sucks

I won't use UHaul anymore to move their equipment is always so old and has a million miles on them. Last few time I have used Budget and the equipment has been newer sometimes brand new and cheaper as well.

I'm would suggest trying hertz (well penske) and Budget.