Chrysler/Dodge RT SRT8 vehicles

gaewsky1

My dad has a charger R/T ( hemi ). I like it a lot, he loves it. you can find them cheap too. He bought his new for 27k out the door. It's a 2006. Bigger than my grandpa's deville front and rear, giant trunk too. I wouldn't do the SRT-8 unless you can handle 12-14mpg premium.......or less if you drive it hard. With the cylinder deactivation my dad see's 19-21mpg, including some hard driving here and there. Definitely a cool car.

the srt8 anything is just bad ass but the gas sucks met a guy is trails lasxt year with a 300csrt8 and loves it more then his 2003 cobra but if you go a rt defetnally go a magnum...been out a few years but it seems that NO one has them...seen very few of them rolling around columbus

The limited edition ones offer nothing but a color, and some vinyl, fyi. While they do look pretty hot, they are nothing more than an R/T with the Road and Track Package performance-wise. Btw, they're called "Sublime" green and "Top Banana" yellow ;).

The limited edition ones offer nothing but a color, and some vinyl, fyi. While they do look pretty hot, they are nothing more than an R/T with the Road and Track Package performance-wise. Btw, they're called "Sublime" green and "Top Banana" yellow ;).

Don't forget the purple and burnt orange. I believe they have a little louder exhaust too.

I drove a Sublime Green one for a few days and it's either love it, or hate it. Personally, I hated that color, but there were plenty of people that pulled up next to me and wanted to talk about it.

I've driven all the SRT models, all the Hemi models, Hemi AWD's, 3.5L AWD's, 3.5L RWD's, and the dreaded 2.7L. The SRT's are a blast to drive, but they do suck a bit of gas. The newer Hemi's with MDS are a little better on gas, but I don't feel any of them get exceptional mileage. Both the Daytona and SRT models have a 0-60 timer on the dash and it saves your bet time. (That wins the coolest feature award in my book) The 2008's got a revised interior. I think it's a lot better.

Well it looks like an '06 Magnum R/T will fit into my budget nicely. With a little left over for mods. Just have to sell my other wagon first.

Thanks for the replies.

One more thing, how is the AWD on the Magnums? Worth it? My car now has AWD being a Subaru and I have kind of gotten used to it. But I would like to let loose the rear end on occassion too. Decisions, decisions.

The awd option was new for 2007, and not many folks on the forum I frequent opted for it. Nobody's really complained or anything, other than that I know they can't do burnouts lol. I think the RWD + Hemi combo just shouldn't be messed with. They do pretty well in the snow in RWD form anyway, as they have a real complex ( mercedes-based ) stability control system. It'll keep you going straight nicely, and the manumatic part of the automatic transmission lets you start from a stop in second, which is a nice feature too.

Btw, if you end up w/ a magnum, or a charger for that matter, be sure to visit noesp.com - I just put that in my dad's charger for his birthday....makes it a whole different car.

The awd option was new for 2007, and not many folks on the forum I frequent opted for it. Nobody's really complained or anything, other than that I know they can't do burnouts lol. I think the RWD + Hemi combo just shouldn't be messed with. They do pretty well in the snow in RWD form anyway, as they have a real complex ( mercedes-based ) stability control system. It'll keep you going straight nicely, and the manumatic part of the automatic transmission lets you start from a stop in second, which is a nice feature too.

Btw, if you end up w/ a magnum, or a charger for that matter, be sure to visit noesp.com - I just put that in my dad's charger for his birthday....makes it a whole different car.

The AWD is nice to have on snow/slush covered roads, but for an Ohio winter you would probably never have to worry about it. We drive the RWD's in all the same weather as the AWD's (for winter testing) and 2WD will make the ESP system feel "tighter," so I don't think you'll regret a RWD.

I am pretty close to talking my mom into buying a srt8 cherokee instead of the 3.7 liter one she has we drove some they are siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Yeah, the Cherokee is the most fun of the SRT's, IMO. I drag raced one and he got me HARD on the launch. We were side by side until aero finally took over. I got by him around ~90 mph. Gas mileage sucks though. I took one up to 150 mph too.

Cherokee Diesel is pimp though. Except it costs a lot.

Oh, and there are a lot easier ways (and free) to fully disable ESP, and it doesn't require any wiring or unplugging anything.

I'm looking at upgrading to a large sedan and like the thought of a Charger/Magnum/300C RT/SRT8 vehicles.

Does anyone have one of these or any driving experience with them?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I have a 300 SRT8 runs great. If you put a jet pac 2 and exhaust on, it will fly. I love the way it drives.

Don't even waste your time with a R/T. Get the SRT8 model or look at something else...

Why and then what else to look at? I can get the R/T for pretty cheap in price and they seem easy to mod. Right now the SRT8 doesn't fit into my budget.

I'll be coming from a WRX with an 18g turbo upgrade so I think the R/T should fit my needs fine. Also my wife can't drive the WRX (5 spd) but she will be able to drive the R/T. I don't want anything to crazy fast as it will be my dd.

I'm saving for a C6 Z06 so that should fill my speed needs in the very far future.