Scientology

thorne

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just giving ya grief. Personaly I won't argue or try to argue my belief system on the internet. It's pointlless.

:p It just drive me nuts when people say "the bible says..." and they have not the foggiest idea what they are talking about.

Do yo even know what that is talking about? I would assume you don't since you are misquoting it. I asked you the loaded question because I knew what you would try to use.

That verse is referring to judging others salvation not the actions of others. the basic principles of the bible are not to judge the salvation status of people. We are to judge the sin, and false doctrine and correct others that are lead astray.

If you guys are going to start saying "the bible says.....", please read it first and understand what it is talking about. Remember the law of Analogy of Scripture. This is a basic bible interpretation rule that states you dont base a doctrine on one verse, it must be used in comparison to other verses before and after, also compared to the chapter and the entire book the verse comes from.

What both of you are doing is just like a "sound bite" that is taken out of context.

To me it means do not say bad things about someone else's life. I don't understand how you think it is only talking about their salvation. I looked it up in a few other versions and look what it says.

Matthew 7 (New Life Version)

Jesus Teaches On The Mountain About Saying What Is Wrong In Others

1 "Do not say what is wrong in other people's lives. Then other people will not say what is wrong in your life. 2 You will be guilty of the same things you find in others. When you say what is wrong in others, your words will be used to say what is wrong in you

Matthew 7 (The Message)

A Simple Guide for Behavior

1-2 "Don't pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults— unless, of course, you want the same treatment. That critical spirit has a way of boomeranging.

To me it means do not say bad things about someone else's life. I don't understand how you think it is only talking about their salvation. I looked it up in a few other versions and look what it says.

Matthew 7 (New Life Version)

Jesus Teaches On The Mountain About Saying What Is Wrong In Others

1 "Do not say what is wrong in other people's lives. Then other people will not say what is wrong in your life. 2 You will be guilty of the same things you find in others. When you say what is wrong in others, your words will be used to say what is wrong in you

Matthew 7 (The Message)

A Simple Guide for Behavior

1-2 "Don't pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults— unless, of course, you want the same treatment. That critical spirit has a way of boomeranging.

You are using corrupt text. Go get a King James. The new versions have Change so many of the verses they are not Gods word.

Hold the presses... I got that verse confused with another. I got out the full chapter and here is what the deal is. A Christian is not to judge others as a hypocrite. Look at the verse directly after this verse. It talks about seeing a mote (a speck) in you brothers eye when you have a beam in your eye. This section is about hypocrites not salvation or not judging false doctrine.

Hang on..... Will get the judging of false doctrine stuff.

Sorry I spoke to soon about the other I was going by memory.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (King James Version)

King James Version (KJV)

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The bible was given to correct wrong doings and error in doctrine.

2 Timothy 4:2 (King James Version)

King James Version (KJV)

2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

To rebuke is to call out false doctrine.

Yep that's what crack addicts say too, the crack doesn't control me, I chose to smoke crack. :cool:

Someday you may see that you are as religious as I. You just think of yourself as a God. Sad but true. Atheism is nothing more than its own religion.

LOL....

It was a Mod that took it off topic.

The same Mod threatened to ban Killjoy and myself earlier this week for the same thing.

Only You and Steve were threatening each other. Like two cocks in a hen house. Nice try Rick but the admins and mods can still see your posts and see the display of immaturity you two had going.

Only You and Steve were threatening each other. Like two cocks in a hen house. Nice try Rick but the admins and mods can still see your posts and see the display of immaturity you two had going.

Stay on topic Ben

The king james version says the same thing as the other versions. It is just worded into more up to date english. See below

Matthew 7

1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

The king james version says the same thing as the other versions. It is just worded into more up to date english. See below

Matthew 7

1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Dude, give it up. Im not saying your "losing" but there's no use in trying to convince someone as stubborn, hard headed and ignorant as Dr. Ric. So you might aswell just stop trying.

Dont worry Dr. Ric, nothing personal buddy :)

Dude, give it up. Im not saying your "losing" but there's no use in trying to convince someone as stubborn, hard headed and ignorant as Dr. Ric. So you might aswell just stop trying.

Dont worry Dr. Ric, nothing personal buddy :)

You're describing a liberal, so it can't be Rick. ;)

I think they are going to shake shit up just enough people will notice the lies. But my fear is that scientology is more powerful then we relize and they have members in to manby high ranking areas. Frightning it almost soundsl ike one of those secret societies people always go on and on about. But its right in front of our faces