360 online ?

Radio Flyer1647545514

Instead of buying the 100 dollar router from X-Box, could I just buy a router that you would use for a computer and hook that up instead?

I only have one t.v. in the house that could be used to play my 360 and all the computers and stuff are upstairs so I'm unable to run a wire to the router. Can I just buy a seperate router and keep it hooked up to the 360?

Or just explain to me what I need to do in general.

Thanks in advance.

Ok....I am really confused here. First off, Xbox router? Any wireless router will do. Second, what you need is either an xbox wireless adapter, or one of those Ethernet to wireless bridges. You can also do what I do, and use a laptop to share the internet connection with the 360 via crossover cable.

I'm getting mixed answers now. I have the cord that came w/ the 360 for the online play. Now dude above is saying, yeah, I got that, that is all you need, and now you are saying I need all this other stuff. I'm lost.

Take the wire from the 360 and hook it into a Router. Your router is hooked into your internet. Your other PC's in the house hook into the router.

That is all you need to do.

Take the wire from the 360 and hook it into a Router. Your router is hooked into your internet. Your other PC's in the house hook into the router.

That is all you need to do.

If the wire from the 360 won't reach your router then you have 2 options.

1) buy the microsoft 360 wireless network card + buy a wireless router.

2) buy an RJ45 to Wireless adapter + buy a wireless router.

Option 2 could be cheaper but it is more difficult to setup.

Ok....I am really confused here. First off, Xbox router? Any wireless router will do. Second, what you need is either an xbox wireless adapter, or one of those Ethernet to wireless bridges. You can also do what I do, and use a laptop to share the internet connection with the 360 via crossover cable.

crossover cable? what and where can i get one.

whammy http://www.instructables.com/id/SPZEK1GFB0B266Y/