Bullet Proof Vests

SPLN SUX

Well, 5,000$ saved my eldest brother's life, stopping a 7.62 round from about 20-30 meters. Guess that means Ranger's are what they say: practically bullet proof...haaaaa

I would rock a vest delivering pizzas...:cool:

We weren't allowed Dragon Skin, let alone, we really didn't know much about it. We did have the AP SAPI plates though, but nothing got through mine. Granted you feel it, but it's better to have a bruise versus a hole.

Zombie preparedness. You obviously aren't prepared if you don't know this. :D

Preparation is key. I've got my plate carrier w/ ammo pouches ready.

We weren't allowed Dragon Skin, let alone, we really didn't know much about it. We did have the AP SAPI plates though, but nothing got through mine. Granted you feel it, but it's better to have a bruise versus a hole.

I thought I remember seeing the "Futureweapons" episode that had Dragonskin on it. They said the DOD hadn't approved dragonskin over the body armor they're using now so they havent purchased it despite supposably being "better" in everyway. But I saw this episode last year so maybe things have changed. It did stand up to a grenade w/o any penetration. So... if you jump on a grenade you may lose your arms legs and head but at least your family will have somethign to bury?

I read a bunch of stuff on the testing, and supposedly it failed a lot of actual tests for one reason or another. I don't remember everything, but, I believe they have some work to do.

Vests are only illegal if you have been convicted of a felony (if I remember right).

That's what I was thinking too. AFAIK they are available to the public.

And to answer the original question (since this made it to two pages without anyone actually doing so) here you go.

http://www.galls.com/category2.html?assort=general_catalog&cat=2992

Gall's has been around forever and is well known in the LEO community as the place to get equipment. Except maybe for here, but not everyone is lucky enough to have Vance's.

Summer.. hah good point brought up. I find it hard enough in the summer with a police uniform on top a vest, i could NOT imagine how it is to be in the military eek

Hot, combined with sweat, with more hot, combined with the smell of your own ass for 72 hour surges. I didn't mind night time so much, it was fucking humid as hell in everything. Sweat in the eyes feels great when trying to put a bead on someone.

Summer.. hah good point brought up. I find it hard enough in the summer with a police uniform on top a vest, i could NOT imagine how it is to be in the military eek

Just think 1 week, no shower, vest only off for sleeping... if that. You get used to it, but the knots that from in your back only get bigger