Pipe, Slip-On, Exhaust

gixxerjones

Ok. . . So I have had my 06 GSX-R 600 for about a month now and it is time to find a pipe for it. I don’t know the first place to look because I have been at work for the last 7 hours trying to find anything. Iron Pony does not have a lot to choose from. Is eBay a good place to buy a pipe or not? :dunno:

Being you got a suzuki, get a yoshimura from the http://www.pipecity.com or do a google search and find the cheapest you can fine. Probably be $425 for yoshi slip-on.

Note: INTERNET is ALWAYS cheaper than ANY bike shop my man. That's why I get pilot power rear tires for $139 total! :cool:

I do a muzzy, but then again I got a Kawi. :wink:

Here:

Yosh TRS Stainless Bolt On

Price: $295.00

Manufacturer: Yoshimura

Part Number: Y1108465

Fits: GSXR600, GSXR750

http://www.pipecity.com/Search/Category ... /ManuID/23

On a 600 bike I never suggest anything other than a slip-on. FUll exhaust are best for 1000's and more. It's a 600, so I believe there's no point for wasting extra money for the full exhaust. If you want more power then get a literbike. Ya know? But to each his own brother. :wink:

I got an '03 636 too. http://www.motosport.com or http://www.motosport.com/street/search. ... ter&list=1 FREE 2-day shipping! DO IT Smokey...do it! :wink:

ok, I thought for a minute that you were getting a PAIR for $139...I almost crapped myself.

When it comes time for new products for me, i'll go to www.sportbiketrackgear.com It's run by Monty and Bonnie Lutz who run sportbike tracktime and have always done right by me, so I feel it right to give them the business. Plus, they have the absolute lowest prices on Michelin

good call on the 03' 636. I love mine. It runs really strong.

I got an '03 636 too. http://www.motosport.com or http://www.motosport.com/street/search. ... ter&list=1 FREE 2-day shipping! DO IT Smokey...do it! :wink:

ok, I thought for a minute that you were getting a PAIR for $139...I almost crapped myself.

When it comes time for new products for me, i'll go to http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com It's run by Monty and Bonnie Lutz who run sportbike tracktime and have always done right by me, so I feel it right to give them the business. Plus, they have the absolute lowest prices on Michelin

good call on the 03' 636. I love mine. It runs really strong.

yeah, I've met those 2. But for me, it's survival of the fittest...lol. I'm more worried about my pocket book than someone elses business. I go where's cheapest for me and free 2day shipping.

maaaaaaaaaan, what u need a louder pipe for? what u NEED are those extra 36cc's lol...

He could have 36cc's less then you and still woop up on you if he is a better rider (OIL BOY) :lol::lol:

OK, i see you're a comedian now too, it must be contagious (it's probably a secret ingredient in the anal lube you use) :lol::lol::lol::thefinger:

maaaaaaaaaan, what u need a louder pipe for? what u NEED are those extra 36cc's lol...

He could have 36cc's less then you and still woop up on you if he is a better rider (OIL BOY) :lol::lol:

OK, i see you're a comedian now too, it must be contagious (it's probably a secret ingredient in the anal lube you use) :lol::lol::lol::thefinger:

You-Are-Fitting_In1.jpg

OK, i see you're a comedian now too,

Nope... just stating the facts.. The size of the bike isnt everything...

oh no, i agree with the statement about it's the rider more often than the bike...i was talking about your oil boy statement

You earned the title of Oil Boy... your the only person I know that put 6 quarts of oil in his sportbike. :dunno:

:eek::eek::wtf::wtf:

6 quarts of OIL!!?? Did you really do that youngflyflashy?! :lol::lol:

Come on man, it's no miss situation. It states how much to use right next to the oil glass, or you can just go by the sight on the glass. Oh boy, oh boy, you DID earn that name brother...lol :lol::nono:

:eek::eek::wtf::wtf:

6 quarts of OIL!!?? Did you really do that youngflyflashy?! :lol::lol:

Come on man, it's no miss situation. It states how much to use right next to the oil glass, or you can just go by the sight on the glass. Oh boy, oh boy, you DID earn that name brother...lol :lol::nono:

Yes he really did that .. Even sitting on the stand, the glass was completely full even after draining 2 quarts out of it..

Hey "Oil Boy", Its "Ohio Fried Victor"

Dont be whining cause you made a mistake and got a nickname

It could be worse w a nickname like "Panhead" or Shovelhead"...

Or "drippy" or "Dipstick" or "Sloppy"or "Just put in the whole case dude".... :lol:

and fyi ...Loud pipes save livesand make more hp.....mr shift at 8000rpm

FIRST OF ALL!!! it wasn't THAT much oil, lol, but it was waaaaay more than was supposed to be in there, but u live and you learn, i'm new to all this, but it's cool though...crisis avoided...but yeah, loud pipes are a good idea, i was just givin' my dude a hard time...i'm actually thinkin about getting a muzzy for mine...then i would be bright AND loud!!!

FIRST OF ALL!!! it wasn't THAT much oil, lol, but it was waaaaay more than was supposed to be in there, but u live and you learn, i'm new to all this, but it's cool though...crisis avoided...but yeah, loud pipes are a good idea, i was just givin' my dude a hard time...i'm actually thinkin about getting a muzzy for mine...then i would be bright AND loud!!!

I got a muzzy slip-on on my '03 636 and when it gets up in the RPMS...it's fuggin LOUD!

LMAO :lol: They got like 6 gallon out of that. We couldn't find enough places to put that stuff. :lol:

On my mothers life and flounders life it was a minimum of two gallons...

we used half of a one gallon water bottle and had to dump it four times just to get

the oil to the top line... if you were doin wheelies 24/7 the rings couldnt scrape all the oil

off.... :lol: luv ya man but GET A FUCKING MANUAL before you touch it again

Your brother in oil,

VICTOR (tony)

...GET A FUCKING MANUAL before you touch it again...

+1

Personally I think after gear one of the first things a person should buy or download is the Service manual for their bike.

and fyi ...Loud pipes save livesand make more hp.....mr shift at 8000rpm

but you are getting the a big -1 on the loud pipes save lives myth bs.

I got no probs with a nice sounding exhaust, but there is zero evidence that loud pipes make you safer and have proven to have negative affect on motorcycling in general. Aside from noise pollution, these loud pipes can prevent the rider from hearing things such as sirens or a motorcyclist's/driver's horn. On top of that the constant loud noise can cause fatigue over time.

I could go on about why "loud pipes save lives" is a myth, but work calls. If you want more info about why it's a myth, Google is your friend.

edit: unless you are being sarcastic..then never mind. :)