Nitrous problems with T/A

Reed44

I got the N.O.S. wet sniper kit installed on my friends 00 T/A with MSD digital window switch, and N.O.S. purge. I couldnt get the MSD tach wire right so I disconnected it and just ran the kit. We sprayed it and it was no where near haulin ass. Yea its a 75 shot, but you can barley tell a difference. Everything is working in the nitrous. I put the nozzle before the TB. Whats going on here?

Pretty sure jets are in correctly. Jetted for 43 psi at a 75 shot. Fogger nozzle used, no plate. All soleniods are clicking open. No bottle heater and do not have a bottle pressure gauge.

You just said the problem..."no bottle heater, and no guage"?? With this weather and a 75 shot it probably didnt even hit...get a heater and a guage and spray that bitch at 1100psi and come back and let us know...good luck man

Do that and make sure the lines are clear if you didn't do that. Just spray them out with some compressed air. Also, when I had issues with mine, switching to a colder plug helped.

It has a pruge kit on it. So atleast up to the n20 soleniod is clear. I didnt want to spend hours trying to change the plugs in that thing. In a few weeks he is going to mike ward to have cam, LT's, and o/r Y-pipe with tune done. Also, it says not to put the nozzle before the MAF, but I have seen a few people do it on these cars. Would that make a difference to change it.

Well since it had to be before the tb and after the maf, its in the rubber boot. I drilled and tapped it in then put silicone on the outside to seal it. Thats the best i could figure out to do since it was not in a hard material area.

WOW!!! Opps! Please dont take me as a complete dumbass on this install. I didnt have a fuel pressure tester handy. Wanted to fine tune it but couldnt. I thought efi was 40-50 psi and the nos manual said to use 43 psi if you can not fine tune it. Will be making changes very soon. Rutan, do you offer a flip switch with your tunes?

You can still use a washer and a nut even on the bellows. I have 2 jets in mine and the washer and nut works out great and makes it very sturdy. Make sure you use loctite on the nut so it does not work its way off and into the intake. This will keep the hole sealed and the nozzle sturdy.

I'd have to agree with the bottle pressure. Your fuel pressure is going to remain constant, so you have it jetted for a 75 shot. Then when your nitrous pressure drops (lets say your at 600 #'s) your spraying a 40 shot of nitrous(if that) and running the car extremely rich.

Then as far as nozzel placement, just watch to make sure that the nozzel is facing the TB and that when the kit is spraying, it's not pointing the nozzel to the other size of your intake bellow.

Don't worry about the mistakes, we all made them. I'm an all or nothing kind of person. The first Nitrous kit I installed by myself, I forgot to remove the sharder valve for the fuel. And not wanting to waste time with different jets. I put the 150's in to test it with. So in essance, I tested a 150 Wet Nitrous Jet by itself with no fuel... It was fast! :) I'm just glad the motor didn't go kaboom. Ran the entire bottle that way till I found out.