wiring an lcd tv

88lx5oh

got a 32" lcd today for the bedroom, and im wall mounting it. whats the best route to run power and cable to it with pre existing walls. my closest outlet is like 6 feet away for cable and 4 ft away for power.. not to mention the tv will be a good 4 feet up the wall as well. i want the wires hidden.

surgery will be required. Do you have a basement or crawl space under the room? If you do you will need to run new wiring for the outlet. You can buy "old work" outlets at lowes for the boxes.

Or you can get the wire raceway track and the the wires will be in the outside of the wall by that will be a lot easier.

Man, you need to pick a different wall ;). I dealt w/ this at my parents, and it was difficult enough to move cable and power to a wall that backed to another bedroom. Pain in the ASS to be sure. But yes, if you can find a solution, old work box is what you're looking for. My dad's an electrician, I don't know tons, but I've been around it.

so far i think im gonna pull the baseboard... run cable and power along the bottom.. drill into the drywall run both up the wall where i will cut a hole behind the tv and then be done with it.

ill put a power outlet and cable outlet right behind the tv.

thats really my only option that i can think of. it looks ghetto with cords hangin from the tv lol

I ended up cutting into our wall. Didn't want to, but it was the only way and in the end wasn't that hard. I installed a couple PVC elbows and piping that run down behind the wall and to a new outlet that's hidden behind the TV. Wires drop to behind the baseboard and over to the outlet and power on the wall.

If the next owner doesn't want the set up we have, he can simply remove the outlet behind the tv and patch the wall, but I would imagine they will leave it and install their TV.

Now getting one above our garden tub....that's gonna be a bit more difficult :D

It's hard work but it is worth it. I've done 2 so far. A 52" and a 27".

Ben lies its easy I have done several. If you need help let me know. I have a wall snake and if you want to get down and in the crawl we can do that too.

what I would do is put a outlet and a cable jack behind the TV and a set down by the base borad as well. from there if you have to run any extra cables just punch a hole on the cable plate and fish the wires through that.

thats what I did with my home setup.

Ben lies its easy I have done several. If you need help let me know. I have a wall snake and if you want to get down and in the crawl we can do that too.

what I would do is put a outlet and a cable jack behind the TV and a set down by the base borad as well. from there if you have to run any extra cables just punch a hole on the cable plate and fish the wires through that.

thats what I did with my home setup.

I would not call that easy, I did the same thing, but I'm fat so any labor is hard. :) :)

Edit, oh and fuck you Shawn, calling me a liar... :mad: You dissed me on the cruise too, what you too cool to hang out with me now? Oh, you had to paint, good excuse, dude get your balls back from the wife will ya? :D

I would not call that easy, I did the same thing, but I'm fat so any labor is hard. :) :)

Edit, oh and fuck you Shawn, calling me a liar... :mad: You dissed me on the cruise too, what you too cool to hang out with me now? Oh, you had to paint, good excuse, dude get your balls back from the wife will ya? :D

haha painting the entire house before the 22nd (boys b-day) and we have to wait for them to go to bed before we can start. Oh and don't get all butt hurt that I didn't go I called ya at least didn't I?