Helmet com's

Zoner1320

Okay, I've been wanting to get something for a while now. It all comes down to what you need it for. There are two types, Intercom's which are for rider/passenger or a FM radio style which is for bike to bike. Depending on your riding habits or plans you can easily decide what to get. If you ride with groups(4+) and you want to be able to communicate as a group, the choice is a chatterbox. Im sure there are other brands which can do more than 3, but i would bet most people would have the chatterbox. The chatterbox can also be used for a rider/passenger intercom (Wires). There are also models which vary in range and functions. They also have a bluetooth/wireless rider passenger intercom if talking with others isn't a selling point.

If all you want to do is talk to your friend on his bike next to you while you ride, or talk to your passenger there are many choices less expensive than a chatterbox.

With some of these there may be a PTT (Push to talk) button that is used to transmit, or VOX (Transmits when you speak). depending on the quality of the microphone VOX may not work due to wind noise.

Throat mic's are excellent and do not pick up wind noise.

I think i am going to go with the Chatterbox unit because eventually I want to ride with a good size group and would like to keep that an option. I will use cords to speak with my lady when we ride.

Okay, I've been wanting to get something for a while now. It all comes down to what you need it for. There are two types, Intercom's which are for rider/passenger or a FM radio style which is for bike to bike. Depending on your riding habits or plans you can easily decide what to get. If you ride with groups(4+) and you want to be able to communicate as a group, the choice is a chatterbox. Im sure there are other brands which can do more than 3, but i would bet most people would have the chatterbox. The chatterbox can also be used for a rider/passenger intercom (Wires). There are also models which vary in range and functions. They also have a bluetooth/wireless rider passenger intercom if talking with others isn't a selling point.

If all you want to do is talk to your friend on his bike next to you while you ride, or talk to your passenger there are many choices less expensive than a chatterbox.

With some of these there may be a PTT (Push to talk) button that is used to transmit, or VOX (Transmits when you speak). depending on the quality of the microphone VOX may not work due to wind noise.

Throat mic's are excellent and do not pick up wind noise.

I think i am going to go with the Chatterbox unit because eventually I want to ride with a good size group and would like to keep that an option. I will use cords to speak with my lady when we ride.

sounds like you have been doing your research.... I looked at a chatterbox set at Iron pony... I think it was around 300 bucks, pretty good price for what sounds like an expandable platform