AMC Returns?

XChris1632X

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/OneRunnin72SST/Javelin+Launch.jpg

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/OneRunnin72SST/J10+3.jpg

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/OneRunnin72SST/J10+4.jpg

Here is the J10. It currently has less than 30,000 original miles.

-Erik

Wow. Just wow man. I'll bet you never get tired of just looking in your garage at those. That J10 is amazing.

Guest 78novaman

Fourstring, that SST is BADASS Do you happen to know Jeff Kennedy?

AMC was #3 behind GM/Ford in sales during the 60's. The Renault merger and the low quality and general uglyness of the Hornet/Gremlin/Pacer that replaced the bulletproof American/Javelin/AMX/Ambassador was the beginning of the end. Even the venerable Jeep line could not sustain life.

AMC was the first American car company to offer standard dual piston front calipers back in 1969(yr?) on the AMX. I'm pretty sure quad pistons were available through the dealer. Its been a while since I've talked AMC cars but I believe the Javelin had the dual pistons too.

AMC was #3 behind GM/Ford in sales during the 60's. The Renault merger and the low quality and general uglyness of the Hornet/Gremlin/Pacer that replaced the bulletproof American/Javelin/AMX/Ambassador was the beginning of the end. Even the venerable Jeep line could not sustain life.

AMC was the first American car company to offer standard dual piston front calipers back in 1969(yr?) on the AMX. I'm pretty sure quad pistons were available through the dealer. Its been a while since I've talked AMC cars but I believe the Javelin had the dual pistons too.

Contrary to what you think, the three you mention as there down fall were high volume sellers, not compared to gm or ford but for AMC, the reason they joined the French was to try and make a fight for the top spot.....the Renault's were regarded in car and driver mag as one of the best cars built, but later had to recant the statement because everyone found out they were junk,...it turned out to be quite a embarrassment for the company....

The sad thing is they never get driven. I havent rode in that car in almost a year, and the truck I havent seen on the road in like two years.

Lets not talk about never gets driven your 83 Z28 has maybe two weeks of road time with you behind the wheel. Thats Sorry...:D

I drive my cars and truck when gas prices get low. If I see gas at $2.50 or lower I will drive the Javelin for a week to get it back in the $3.00 + range.

I am just doing my part...

My dad worked for AMC then later had an AMC dealership. He always said that everytime he sold a Renault he had made an enemy. Renault was the first to use keyless entry and it didn't work from the factory. When someone would come in to get their keyless entry fixed he would just throw the remote away and send them home.

-Erik

Jeep's roots are in Willy's-Overland and they've been out of business a long time

I understand this, I was referring to the lack of solid front axles on the more recent offerings, such as the liberty and the newest grand cherokee.

I apologize for the misinterpretation.

No sorry.

I just remembered a post that I saw a few years back on JeepForums of an abandoned AMC dealership. Has anyone seen the pics from that? There is an entire car lot abandoned somewhere with a whole collection of AMCs that have never even been titled. It looks like time just froze.

Lets not talk about never gets driven your 83 Z28 has maybe two weeks of road time with you behind the wheel. Thats Sorry...:D

Im just keeping the miles low.:D If you would stop being such a tight ass you wouldn't have to worry about whether you will drive your car or save 10 cents a gallon.

Im just keeping the miles low.:D If you would stop being such a tight ass you wouldn't have to worry about whether you will drive your car or save 10 cents a gallon.

The point I was trying to make with the gas is that I drive to consume fuel and shoot the prices back up to $3.00+ where they should be. Just being my typical smartass self.

I could give two shits about saving $2.00 on a tank of gas.

-Erik