Good Books

4DAIVI PAI2K5

Anyone know any good books to read? can or can not be motorcycle related. i love to read vince flyyn books but im almost done with his series. ive read most of the halo books, as well as john grishams books. ive got tom clancys end war and ghost recon (yes i know he isnt really the author they jsut use his name) waiting on my copy of gears or war and vali rossi autobiography: what if i never tried it. im just looking to see what others read and liked.

I'm re reading Total Control: High Performance Street Riding Techniques. I have had the book for several years but decided to read it again and compare how I ride now with more years of riding under my belt to how the "right" ways to ride. Its refreshing everything I already knew but didnt realize I knew. It covers riding in a more technical way that makes you understand why the bike acts like it does, etc....

I'm re reading Total Control: High Performance Street Riding Techniques. I have had the book for several years but decided to read it again and compare how I ride now with more years of riding under my belt to how the "right" ways to ride. Its refreshing everything I already knew but didnt realize I knew. It covers riding in a more technical way that makes you understand why the bike acts like it does, etc....

cool ill have to check that one out. i have this love/hate relationship with amazon.com haha

i have that one too, it is a good read. i need to reread the suspension chapter so i can understand it a little better.... last time i read it i just read it i didnt try to understand it. huge difference.

I hate reading, but was force to read this book for my MBA courses. If you're into businesses and what makes them successful -

41jIwFO%2BnTL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

A long case study of a bunch of different companies.

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Great-Companies-Leap-Others/dp/0066620996/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229097808&sr=8-1

I hate reading, but was force to read this book for my MBA courses. If you're into businesses and what makes them successful -

41jIwFO%2BnTL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

A long case study of a bunch of different companies.

Amazon.com: Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't: Jim Collins: Books

My mom had to read that for part of her Management training. It must be a common MGT related book. I almost thought about reading it myself, just for more knowledge even though I have no plans on getting my MBA anytime soon

Also: Twist of the Wrist 2 and Sport Riding Techniques

Are'nt these two pretty similar to Total Control? I asked for Sprot dising techniques for Xmas a while ago but got Total Control instead. I always thought about getting a different riding book but figured they were all pretty much the same. Keith Code sure knows his stuff in Twist of the wrist though

At least in the Winter months, I'll read more books in a month than most people do in a year (or for some, their entire life).

I like high tech stories, both fiction and non-fiction. Currently impressed by:

Science-Fiction first:

Impressed by Robert Charles Wilson; his book Spin, and the follow on Axis. Probably two of a three part trilogy. Read Spin first. Also his book Blind Lake, a very unusual story, with some surprising twists.

Impressed by John Scalzi , supposedly the next Robert Heinlein; Three part trilogy, they don't have to be read in any particular order.

Old Man's War (2005)

Ghost Brigades (2006)

The Last Colony (2007)

Non-Fiction:

Marines in the Garden of Eden: The True Story of Seven Bloody Days in Iraq (Paperback) - Richard S. Lowry

This is one of the most real combat books I've ever read. It is the battle of An Nasiriyah, in Iraq. It begins with the Army convoy ambushed, where Private Jessica Lynch was captured. This book pulls no punches, it's all the gritty terrible bloody confusing noisy action that dominates a battlefield. Many troops died, and the truth is, all should have died, but they won anyway. It's a tribute to the American combat method and independence of action; to win a conflict dominated by ambush, murphy's law, and excessive fog of war. A very real account of what combat is actually like.

Note: Jagr, read this book, if you haven't already.

I've read some Enders, but I need to read them all. I've gotten to where I'll reserve all of an author's books from the library, and just read them all. That's what happens when you can't remember which ones you've already read.

I've read some Enders, but I need to read them all. I've gotten to where I'll reserve all of an author's books from the library, and just read them all. That's what happens when you can't remember which ones you've already read.

very good book series, I have read enders game twice

+1 to Ender's Game. It's one of my favorite books of all time.

Good to Great was an OK read; I too had to read it for a class.

If you're looking for a non-instructional motorcycle read try Japan's Motorcycle Wars by Jeffrey Alexander. I just picked it up and it looks interesting. I know it's used at a few universities as text books; business school probably.

http://www.amazon.com/Japans-Motorcycle-Wars-Industry-History/dp/0824833287/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229125176&sr=8-1

http://thevintagent.blogspot.com/2008/09/book-review-japans-motorcycle-wars.html