96 civic timing belt?

hpfiend

It sounds as if putting it in park (auto) isn't enough to hold the engine---

I don't have a chain wrench and my craftsman strap wrenches (rubber/plastic) are about as good as holding it by hand. My dad has air tools but his compressor leaves a little to be desired..

What chain wrench do you recommend? I had to fab up a tool out of angle iron to hold the damn waterpump pulley on a 2000 blazer to unthread the fan clutch monster nut.

How do you hold the engine up if you take loose the motor mount?

Thanks for the tips!

I don't have a chain wrench and my craftsman strap wrenches (rubber/plastic) are about as good as holding it by hand. My dad has air tools but his compressor leaves a little to be desired..

What chain wrench do you recommend? I had to fab up a tool out of angle iron to hold the damn waterpump pulley on a 2000 blazer to unthread the fan clutch monster nut.

Thanks for the tips!

a jack...a 2x4...a tire anything thall fit under there would work...we just used my stock rim worked fine

Thanks for the tips!

Snap-On, MAC, etc. etc. etc. make a special tool to hold the pulley on most Honda/Acura vehicles. If you look at it and it looks like a socket then I have a tool that may be of some help. My dad had an Odyssey with 100k on it and even with this tool and a impact it wouldnt come off. We ended up towing it on a dolley to the shop half torn apart to heat the bolt and get it out. I would highly recommend a plan for worst case scenario to have the ability to access a good impact/air supply and if needed an oxy/acetelyne torch. If you need to borrow the tool let me know I am sure we can work out a place to meet or I can stop by and drop it off for awhile.

I can get a socket as small as 22mm for my 1" gun I forget what size bolt those hondas use but that gun has never let me down on a stuck crank bolt :) if you need it hit me up

if you don't use oe stuff get the kit from napa it has all the tensioners and idler pulleys in it +1 for a new water pump at the same time and line all the timing marks up before you remove the old belt it makes it really easy to put it all back in the right place